Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

Anyone taking band pictures? i got some to offer!

Old 12-14-2008, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone taking band pictures? i got some to offer!

The band is Stryck9 you can check them out here Website

The photos were taken with an "advanced" point and shoot. F8 highest f-stop. shutter speed ranging from 1/2000? to 60.
Im just an amateur...i designed their website using bandzoogle and took a basic photography class in college. I want to start doing this kind of stuff more often so any criticism and adivice is wanted.....really wanted!

What is good software for designing a website.....i would like to get a mac and they have software i know but for now ive looked at dreamweaver and the boring microsoft front page.

What is good photo software....I can get photoshop through the college i go to for $100...should i just stick with that?

Last edited by rescuejeep; 12-14-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:35 PM
JK Super Freak

If you really want to do this stuff then take a complete course on web design and programming, canned programs only get you so far. Classes should include photo and vids, Dream Weaver is also available for MS Windows, so don't fall for all the Mac hype.

On the cheap there is Linux variants that should do pretty much what Mac does, after all Mac in *nix based now.

Get a good camera, P&S's have their usefulness but an SLR gets you there. If you don't have a creative mind then don't waste your time. You'll need to be painfully real in thinking this out.

Good luck on your endeavors.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CIJeep
If you really want to do this stuff then take a complete course on web design and programming, canned programs only get you so far. Classes should include photo and vids, Dream Weaver is also available for MS Windows, so don't fall for all the Mac hype.

On the cheap there is Linux variants that should do pretty much what Mac does, after all Mac in *nix based now.

Get a good camera, P&S's have their usefulness but an SLR gets you there. If you don't have a creative mind then don't waste your time. You'll need to be painfully real in thinking this out.

Good luck on your endeavors.
thanks for the fast response.....right now im in college. just graduated with marketing degree...going for masters in org. leadership.(still no idea on career)......this stuff is just fun little things on the side i like to play with and maybe get more into the photography stuff. If i can get the money up im gonna get a Digital SLR....prob start with a canon rebel ...12 mp....work my way up from their. Not sure how creative i am.....so prob. buy a little here and there and see what happens

Quick Reply: Anyone taking band pictures? i got some to offer!