Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

Upcoming Trip to Northern Arizona

Old 10-17-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upcoming Trip to Northern Arizona

Fellow Photographers,

My wife and I hope to make a trip to White Pocket and Coyote Buttes South in April or May 2013, and I'm looking for a serious photographer who would like to join us. These areas are between Page, Arizona and Knab, Utah, at the end of a 25 mile jeep trail. They are among the most photogenic landscapes in North America. If you are not familiar with them, you can get many hits on Google. If it rains, you get stuck in the mud; if it doesn't rain, you get stuck in the dry sand, so I'm looking for redundancy in everything from another capable vehicle to an extra shovel. I plan on camping one night at each location. A permit is required for Coyote Buttes South, and permits should be applied for 4 months in advance, so early planning is required.

About me - I'm a retired wildlife biologist (National Park Service, US Fish and Wildlife Service and Botswana). You can see some of my photos at flickr.com/photos/terry_cacek/sets. I drive a 2012 4-door Rubicon, slightly modified and fully equipped.

Let me know if you are interested.

Terry Cacek
Greeley CO
970-301-4877
drcacek@comcast.net

Quick Reply: Upcoming Trip to Northern Arizona