Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delayed shift when 50% or more throttle??

Old 06-20-2019, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delayed shift when 50% or more throttle??

Has anyone else experienced the shift delay due to the TCM being off once the jeep has been lifted or supercharged?

2009 3.8 auto
Old 06-21-2019, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone know or have this issue ?
Old 06-23-2019, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had issues with my daughters after the dealer decided to flash her ECM while it was in for an oil change. Jeep had a superchip loaded for gear and tire size change in it at the time and it never shifted the same, Dealer would not rectify the problem. So I contacted Mike at OST Dyno as a friend gave me his info and he was able to fix the issue. It did take a second flash to get it exact but it shifts perfect with 40's.
https://shop.ostdyno.com/shop/produc.../tcm-flashing/
Old 06-23-2019, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nevrnf
Had issues with my daughters after the dealer decided to flash her ECM while it was in for an oil change. Jeep had a superchip loaded for gear and tire size change in it at the time and it never shifted the same, Dealer would not rectify the problem. So I contacted Mike at OST Dyno as a friend gave me his info and he was able to fix the issue. It did take a second flash to get it exact but it shifts perfect with 40's.
https://shop.ostdyno.com/shop/produc.../tcm-flashing/
Hmmm I have a diablo predator tuner that came with it. And you can adjust a the part throttle upshifts. But I’m not competent enough to start messing with it. The presets seem very odd but it does shift ok?
Old 06-25-2019, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

Ok I think I found the issue. Is anyone familiar with how to adjust the part throttle shift rpms ? ?

Quick Reply: Delayed shift when 50% or more throttle??