Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Favor/advice

Old 06-23-2019, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to borrow a temporary top

I am going to be traveling about 10 hours to go pick up a jeep camper top (j180, think hardtop with rtt combined). I don't really want to ride 10 hours through the Nevada sun on the interstate with my kids without some sort cover (plus my wife will kill me).
Does someone local to San Diego have a safari or some other type of top that I could borrow or rent that would cover the driver and rear passengers and would be easy to take off and store once I install the j180? If not does anyone have a recommendation (other than suck it up cupcake)?

Thanks.

Last edited by JDaPP; 06-25-2019 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm in Orange County Newport Beach and I have a spider webshade up on Craig's list for sale right now. Of course I'd give you the member super discount. Let me know if and when you need it.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Another option so you are not investing much else but a couple hours of time: A member here posted a how-to on making your own shade for less than 20-30 bucks using UV-blocking mesh from HF (or some similar discount store) and some cheap bungees. Probably don't need to buy grommets if you are just using once
Old 06-25-2019, 12:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EHarris
I'm in Orange County Newport Beach and I have a spider webshade up on Craig's list for sale right now. Of course I'd give you the member super discount. Let me know if and when you need it.
Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately my time line puts you a little too far away. Good luck with the sale.

Quick Reply: Favor/advice