Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Catalytic Converter

Old 05-22-2024, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catalytic Converter

I've got a 2007 JKU with a 3.8. It was misfiring for a month and I replaced the plugs and wires. The codes all went away. A few months later the P0240 code popped on. I replaced the up and downstream O2 sensors. There was also a missing bolt where the convertor mounted to the engine. I replaced that missing bolt and tightened it all up. Code still showing and the only culprit is the catalytic converter. A shop wants to charge me $1,300. The pipe system with converters at autozone is $1,400, but I've seen some online sites that have them for much cheaper.

Have y'all ordered any parts from places like A-Premium.com or CarParts.com and had any luck with them or am I better off just letting the shop handle this?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 05-22-2024, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a Walker converter for my 2007 from Rock Auto for $800 and it worked great. I only had the Jeep for 5000 miles after that but had no problems. Hardest part of the install was reaching the stupid bolts on the manifold flange.
Old 05-24-2024, 03:21 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Guff
I got a Walker converter for my 2007 from Rock Auto for $800 and it worked great. I only had the Jeep for 5000 miles after that but had no problems. Hardest part of the install was reaching the stupid bolts on the manifold flange.
I've even had to cut them off, which is no easy task. It's worth noting that it's best to have new replacement bolts on hand. The old ones will be pretty corroded,

Quick Reply: Catalytic Converter