Notices
Silver State If you live in Nevada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Las vegas jkers beware.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My first reaction was impossible since you cant siphon our tanks, but then I read the drilling holes. What low lifes. I had a light bar stolen once. World is full of assholes.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheNoob
Wow that is f'd up man. What side of town are you in if you don't mind me asking?
I live in the north west. Centennial hills area.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vladimer
My first reaction was impossible since you cant siphon our tanks, but then I read the drilling holes. What low lifes. I had a light bar stolen once. World is full of assholes.
I kinda wish they were able to siphon the tank. Then I would have to pay my insurance deductible. It pisses me off that these f'ers cost me $500 for maybe $40 of gas!!
Old 10-03-2014, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkpete93555
I kinda wish they were able to siphon the tank. Then I would have to pay my insurance deductible. It pisses me off that these f'ers cost me $500 for maybe $40 of gas!!
*** would not have to pay ***
Old 10-03-2014, 02:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have some tools, you could replace the tank yourself. Takes just a few hours with no instructions to take it out and put it back. We actually ended up dropping the tank on the side of the trail this past weekend. Long story...
Old 10-03-2014, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkpete93555
I live in the north west. Centennial hills area.
Dang thats suppose to be one of our nicer areas too. Guess scums are just everywhere.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vladimer
If you have some tools, you could replace the tank yourself. Takes just a few hours with no instructions to take it out and put it back. We actually ended up dropping the tank on the side of the trail this past weekend. Long story...
Sounds like a fun trip!!! I would do it myself but the cheapest I could find the tank was 550 and my insurance didn't want to send me a check so I just had the dealer do it and it's only going to cost me $500 so it works out either way.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheNoob

Dang thats suppose to be one of our nicer areas too. Guess scums are just everywhere.
I would not say that the NW is supposed to be one of the nicer areas anymore, the excessive number of rentals has affected the area! We live in one of the few guard gated developments and have had vehicle break ins, not to mention awhile back the FBI came by our house asking about one of our previous neighbors who was wanted for murder in Dallas. Kind of forces you to put up your guard no matter where you live in Vegas.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Raythom3
I would not say that the NW is supposed to be one of the nicer areas anymore, the excessive number of rentals has affected the area! We live in one of the few guard gated developments and have had vehicle break ins, not to mention awhile back the FBI came by our house asking about one of our previous neighbors who was wanted for murder in Dallas. Kind of forces you to put up your guard no matter where you live in Vegas.
That is all very true! Although I still believe it is still nicer then some of the east side lol but still there are bad guys everywhere and if there wasn't they would just travel up to the nicer areas to get into trouble. So I don't think that there are any places where you are completely safe from criminals.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:24 PM
JK Freak

Sorry to hear about the gas theft. I wondered about mine as I would notice the tank getting low awfully quickly. It hasn't happened recently though and it lasts much longer now. I like to blame my special neighbor but he isn't smart enough to figure out how to do much of anything. I am in the NW too near the DMV and we were lucky enough to have both a gypsy and a squatter kiddie corner from us. Luckily both are gone now but we are keeping tabs in our neighborhood. We had a drug house about 10 houses down from us. Police were there not too long ago and looks like it was sold to someone else or at least appears to have been.
No where is safe anymore. Just need to keep your eyes open at all times it seems.

Quick Reply: Las vegas jkers beware.