Notices
Silver State If you live in Nevada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Question for Vegas Peeps!

Old 07-21-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Vegas Peeps!

My wife and i and another 2 couples are headed up there this Thursday Jul 23rd and staying at the Sahara for $22 a night. I have herd this is not one of the best places but we are on somewhat of a budget and you cant beat that price plus im not planing to stay there 27/7. If it has a pool, bed, shower, and a toilet, im happy. This will be our first time going there (most of us) and have no clue what to expect. I know its going to be warm but we are already used to that (109* two das ago).

Any advise? Im not a big gambler but dont mid loosing a few quaters here and there. The girls want to go out to a club at night, any recomendations?

Thanks for any help!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by srt-iz
My wife and i and another 2 couples are headed up there this Thursday Jul 23rd and staying at the Sahara for $22 a night. I have herd this is not one of the best places but we are on somewhat of a budget and you cant beat that price plus im not planing to stay there 27/7. If it has a pool, bed, shower, and a toilet, im happy. This will be our first time going there (most of us) and have no clue what to expect. I know its going to be warm but we are already used to that (109* two das ago).

Any advise? Im not a big gambler but dont mid loosing a few quaters here and there. The girls want to go out to a club at night, any recomendations?

Thanks for any help!
Not too big on clubbing but the Sahara has been deteriorating in their quality for years. I suppose it's not bad if you dont' plan to be at the room much but I had a friend stay there back in April and they had to be moved to a different room twice, once was for a leak in the cieling and the other was for finding a pile of crap in the toilet. Not kidding! Sorry hope this doesn't put a damper on your stay but just felt you should know. I'm originally from Phoenix so the heat should be no big deal for you. In fact it will most likely be somewhat drier than what you guys are experiencing right now.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pkess3
Not too big on clubbing but the Sahara has been deteriorating in their quality for years. I suppose it's not bad if you dont' plan to be at the room much but I had a friend stay there back in April and they had to be moved to a different room twice, once was for a leak in the cieling and the other was for finding a pile of crap in the toilet. Not kidding! Sorry hope this doesn't put a damper on your stay but just felt you should know. I'm originally from Phoenix so the heat should be no big deal for you. In fact it will most likely be somewhat drier than what you guys are experiencing right now.
LOL...i actually find that funny as hell, espesially the pile of crap! We would deffinetly ask for a better room though! Its good to hear that 104* wont feel that bad.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Margarita Ville is a good place to start... Right in the middle.... Osheas has 2 pitchers of beer for $10- And infront of Ballys they have a beer trailer where you can get 64 oz beers for $12 All the clubs are the same... XS is the best club on the strip, and it is inside the Encore (wynn) so you can stumble home to your room easier... THere are guys that hang out on the strip passing out FREE club passes... grab some from them... they are legit and those guys get money for you using their pass.. but it is ILLEGAL to sell them, so if he tells you they cost... tell him to piss off and find someone else... Remember they only get you in the door though... drinks inside the clubs cost an arm and a leg Tryst and Tryst are also good clubs and the one at Caesars Palace is outside, but in 116 degree... that might suck Hope that helps!
Old 07-21-2009, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

If ur going to play slots play the wheel of fortune thats what my wife plays an hits
Old 07-21-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Oh yeah get the duce bus for 7 bucks its good for 24 hrs makes it easier on ur feet
Old 07-21-2009, 06:24 PM
***erator

If you drink go to osheas or you will be paying around $12 a drink on the strip. Also catch a cab to down town it's a lot cheaper and the machines pay better. Waitresses also come around more. If you just want to sight see and club stay on the strip.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Soopurman0
Margarita Ville is a good place to start... Right in the middle.... Osheas has 2 pitchers of beer for $10- And infront of Ballys they have a beer trailer where you can get 64 oz beers for $12 All the clubs are the same... XS is the best club on the strip, and it is inside the Encore (wynn) so you can stumble home to your room easier... THere are guys that hang out on the strip passing out FREE club passes... grab some from them... they are legit and those guys get money for you using their pass.. but it is ILLEGAL to sell them, so if he tells you they cost... tell him to piss off and find someone else... Remember they only get you in the door though... drinks inside the clubs cost an arm and a leg Tryst and Tryst are also good clubs and the one at Caesars Palace is outside, but in 116 degree... that might suck Hope that helps!
Thanks that helped a ton...LOL! I think we are going to be hitting up the beer trailers before going into the clubs.

Originally Posted by felix zavala
Oh yeah get the duce bus for 7 bucks its good for 24 hrs makes it easier on ur feet
Cool...but we are doing a road trip so we will have transportation.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Whatever you do, make sure there is nothing of value left in your vehicle when you have it parked anywhere. You may change your mind about the bus though. Sometimes it is much easier to ride the bus right to the front of a place than it is to get in your car, get our of the hotel garage, and try to find parking in another garage at another hotel. It helps when you have been drinking too.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:04 PM
JK Freak

i was gm at the beach nightclub for ten years. i've been out of the club business for two years, but i have friends that run studio 54 at the mgm. if you want to go there pm me and i will give you names and numbers to call. go to vegas.com and you can get a list and info of all the clubs in vegas.

doug

Quick Reply: Question for Vegas Peeps!