Notices
Silver State If you live in Nevada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

trail question

Old 03-08-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trail question

ok ive heard theres a trial on the arizona side of the dam that mirrors the burro wash trail. anyone know the name of this trail or where it starts at?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rynokid
ok ive heard theres a trial on the arizona side of the dam that mirrors the burro wash trail. anyone know the name of this trail or where it starts at?
I'm not sure if there's one that mirrors it per se but there are a few that head down to the river. There's the Eldorado Jeep Trail and the Big Horn Cove that spurs from Willow Beach. IMO Burro Wash is more convenient and offers more of a "trail" than Eldorado Jeep Trail. I can't say much for Big Horn Cove. A friend of mine suggested it and he says it's a pretty cool trail and cove.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pkess3

I'm not sure if there's one that mirrors it per se but there are a few that head down to the river. There's the Eldorado Jeep Trail and the Big Horn Cove that spurs from Willow Beach. IMO Burro Wash is more convenient and offers more of a "trail" than Eldorado Jeep Trail. I can't say much for Big Horn Cove. A friend of mine suggested it and he says it's a pretty cool trail and cove.
Ah great thanks man. I'll have to look into that. Burro just starts off so rough and annoying. It's fun once you start going down that first hill.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ah great thanks man. I'll have to look into that. Burro just starts off so rough and annoying. It's fun once you start going down that first hill.
I agree, Burro takes a long time before it gets good.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NVRDUN
I agree, Burro takes a long time before it gets good.
It's not so bad if you have Old Man Emu shocks and air down.

Nah I know what you guys mean. You go through a lot of annoyingly rough easy trail and once you hit the viewpoint it's fun the rest of the way down. A few weeks ago I went down the Eldorado Jeep trail on the Arizona side hoping to find a similar trail to Burro Wash but it was a longer trail in and of itself. And then you have to cross the dam and drive around 15 more miles past it just to get to the trail. And then once at the cove there's almost no beach because it's all filled with cattails. Seems like an ok place to camp but Burro Wash is just much more convenient. I still need to checkout Big Horn Cove on the AZ side that a friend of mine suggested. He says it's much better than Eldorado Jeep trail.

We should have like an exploratory run to check out Big Horn Cove and other trails in that area. It seems there are lots of cool trails on the east side of the 93 in AZ.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pkess3

It's not so bad if you have Old Man Emu shocks and air down.

Nah I know what you guys mean. You go through a lot of annoyingly rough easy trail and once you hit the viewpoint it's fun the rest of the way down. A few weeks ago I went down the Eldorado Jeep trail on the Arizona side hoping to find a similar trail to Burro Wash but it was a longer trail in and of itself. And then you have to cross the dam and drive around 15 more miles past it just to get to the trail. And then once at the cove there's almost no beach because it's all filled with cattails. Seems like an ok place to camp but Burro Wash is just much more convenient. I still need to checkout Big Horn Cove on the AZ side that a friend of mine suggested. He says it's much better than Eldorado Jeep trail.

We should have like an exploratory run to check out Big Horn Cove and other trails in that area. It seems there are lots of cool trails on the east side of the 93 in AZ.
Im down with the exploratory run. I've never heard of big horn cove.

Quick Reply: trail question