Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How much did your rear end sag after installing a rear bumper?

Old 10-26-2010, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much did your rear end sag after installing a rear bumper?

I recently installed a Shrockworks rear bumper tire carrier with trail rack and jerry can holders. All that plus two full jerry cans probably come out to about 280 lbs. I've got only the stock wheel and tire on there, and will be upgrading to something heavier. That's not even with a hi-lift jack on there, and I was hoping to also find a way to mount my pull-pal back there too.

I have a TeraFlex 2.5" coil lift and immediately after installing all of the above I lost about 3/4" of height in the rear, and after one week of settling, maybe another 1/4", and I'm now about an inch away from my bump stops in the rear. I just picked up a pair of TeraFlex 1" rear coil spacers to gain back this height, and I'll be putting them on this weekend.

I was just curious what other people's experience was.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

I put a Body Armor bumper and tire carrier with a 35" tire on mine and didn't lose any height. However, I don't have the high lift mounted on it or the Jerry cans. I also have the 2.5"bb Teraflex with springs.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yomondo

I was just curious what other people's experience was.

My experience is Ifetchindentical!!!
Had to slip the 1' pucks in the rear only. Now she sits level.

Hope this helps!!

Quick Reply: How much did your rear end sag after installing a rear bumper?