Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Some Help

Old 10-29-2010, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Some Help

Need some help folks. I know that due to budget I can only afford a 2.5" BB. The dilemma is to go with Teraflex 2.5" or Rusty's 2" BB, and whichever one I go with, can I put 3"-3.25" springs rather than keepin my stock springs. I want the bigger springs so I can put more weight on the front IE bumper and winch, in the future. I know that I will be runnin a 35x12.50 with a 1.5" wheel spacer and shouldn't have too much rubbin. Also if I do get the Rusty's (which I am leanin towards) should I get the JKS disco or stick with the stock disco that comes on the Rubicon. I am leanin towards the Rusty's because it comes with shocks and is cheaper. Any and all advice is welcomed. I have a few weeks till I order anything so I am not in a giant hurry. Want to cover all my bases and get the best setup that I can when workin with the budget that I have.

Last edited by LeeCoClimber; 10-29-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just a little bump for the late night crowd....
Old 10-29-2010, 11:48 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but you want to do a spacer lift AND a coil lift? Or a spacer lift, and sometime later replace the spacers with coils?

I'll assume the later. Get the BB (whichever one you want, a spacer is a spacer). Then when you're ready to go higher and add more weight, replace the spacers with the coils. Just remember that as you go higher, you will need to address more issues.

With a BB, get longer rear links and move the stock rears up front - and use the rubi disco's. If you end up going to taller coils, you can decide if you want to add jks disco's.

And if you haven't browsed the faq's yet, I would suggest it before you order. Get an idea of which components you may want to add with the BB, and which you will 'need' to add when you go higher...

Quick Reply: Need Some Help