Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shocks for Everyday Road Travel

Old 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
booradley

Default Shocks for Everyday Road Travel

Looking to replace the OEM's on my 2010 Jeep Sahara. I know there are many opinions out there, but I would like your opinion on the shock availability for a soft to medium ride. Thanks in advance. Also replacing steering damper.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by booradley
Looking to replace the OEM's on my 2010 Jeep Sahara. I know there are many opinions out there, but I would like your opinion on the shock availability for a soft to medium ride. Thanks in advance. Also replacing steering damper.
You don't need to replace the steering damper with stock tires
Old 11-04-2010, 02:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Unless you are doing more than a budget boost and want shocks for "everyday road travel," why upgrade from factory? Unless you plan on doing some sort of lift that's 2" or more and plan to hit a rough jeep trail or go rock crawling, I'd save your money for other things.

Most aftermarket shocks are designed for 2" lifts or more. In general, I have never had a single problem with any Teraflex product to date on both my old TJ and JK.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

i already bought bilstein 5100 and havent put them in yet. But everyone i know says if you want a comfy ride get emu nitro chargers.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cant help with shocks for factory height. maybe just get some rubicon take offs??? the only reason to replace the stock steering stabilizer is if its been smacked on something and/or leaking. if thats the case, the TF stabilizer is nice and the price is great.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by booradley
The Monroe Reflex shocks are incredible. Much smoother than OEM and much better control both on highway and off road.

Even my wife noticed that her Sahara rode better and drove better after I installed the Monroe shocks.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rubican!
i already bought bilstein 5100 and havent put them in yet. But everyone i know says if you want a comfy ride get emu nitro chargers.
If you want a better handling vehicle you made the correct choice. If you want a softer ride (hell it's still a Jeep) OME. I personally prefer a better handling vehicle on & off-road. I went though quite a few different sets of shocks (Rubicon w/extenders, Teraflex, Fox & OME) prior to settling on the Bilsteins, they are hands down the best set for my needs/wants.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:08 PM
booradley

Default Shock Replacememt

BDS 5500's for me. Leveling the Jeep, and installing new shocks. The stock shocks really are cheap junk. Our municipal roads are like rural cow paths! Thanks for all your input.

Quick Reply: Shocks for Everyday Road Travel