Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What to do?

Old 03-19-2011, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do?

I have a 2010 2dr Mountain with automatic. I'm at a crossroads about what to do suspension wise. I let myself get suckered into an extended warranty and tire warranty. I had my reasons. I was debating to go with upgrading to 4dr Rubicon shocks and springs with Teraflex leveling kit as I want to get a winch. I don't want to get a new bumper because of the weight and cost so I'll just get a mounting plate. Or go with Teraflex 2.5" shocks and springs but I don't want it to look goofy with stock 32's and I'm not in the cash position to buy new tires or a new front driveshaft. My 09 4dr had 2.5", 33s, winch bumper/winch and it was a slow dog and I just couldnt put up the money to regear at the time. The 10 is still slow but its better than my 09 and gets slightly better mileage. I want to go 33s again and know it will slow me down, but atleast the 2dr is 400lbs lighter and shouldnt be that bad I guess. Plus I've gotten more attention with my current one. I used it to pull out a Z71. I hated doing that because I didnt want to tear something up, hence me wanting to get another winch. I just want to get the belly alittle higher. Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	less.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	139508  
Old 03-19-2011, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like you answered your own questions. as a compromise, go with the TF coil leveling kit (not the spacer). that should help compensate for the added weight. you can even add a front spacer to that, if needed, without having to worry about stacking multiple spacers up front.

Quick Reply: What to do?