Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Issues with RC 1.25" Body Lift on 2011 JKU

Old 05-01-2011, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with RC 1.25" Body Lift on 2011 JKU

I just installed a RC 1.25" BL on my '11 Rubi JKU. I have an issue with it popping out of 2, 4, 6th gear. The adapter seems to be the limiting factor...it is prohibiting the shifter from fully engsging the gear. As a quick fix I cut the inner boot but don't like how I cut it (potential for H2O & mud to get in under the centre console. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so what did you do to correct it? Post up pics if you can.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by action.is.go
I just installed a RC 1.25" BL on my '11 Rubi JKU. I have an issue with it popping out of 2, 4, 6th gear. The adapter seems to be the limiting factor...it is prohibiting the shifter from fully engsging the gear. As a quick fix I cut the inner boot but don't like how I cut it (potential for H2O & mud to get in under the centre console. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so what did you do to correct it? Post up pics if you can.
i just ordered this kit as well. hopefully i wont have the issue. I actually called rough coountry and brought it up to them.. they said it shouldnt do that, however if you cant get it to work right you have 60 days to return it no questions asked. you should call them directly and let them know.. they were very friendly.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Freak

Thanks...I'm planning on calling them on Monday. Unfortunately I ran this lift in my '07 2Dr Rubi and swapped it out into the '11 Rubi JKU along with their 2.5" Coil Lift. Well past 60 days. It seems that the opening and boot in the '11 is smaller and round whereas in the '07 it was more of an oblong oval. Hopefully RC Tech support will have an answer for me. As it sits right now I won't be fording any H2O and avoiding mud for awhile til I can figure it out. Stealership is replacing my inner boot under warranty.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks...I'm planning on calling them on Monday. Unfortunately I ran this lift in my '07 2Dr Rubi and swapped it out into the '11 Rubi JKU along with their 2.5" Coil Lift. Well past 60 days. It seems that the opening and boot in the '11 is smaller and round whereas in the '07 it was more of an oblong oval. Hopefully RC Tech support will have an answer for me. As it sits right now I won't be fording any H2O and avoiding mud for awhile til I can figure it out. Stealership is replacing my inner boot under warranty.
I think I heard the guy I talked to say something about rough country having their own shift boot or something for it.. but I may be wrong. That's also good news for me.. this is going on an 07 manual. How long did It take you to install?
Old 05-01-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

i have a ? i have an 08 jku and im looking into a 1" body lift is 6 speed manual i have the rc 2.5 lift on it now what issue should i expect?
Old 05-01-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tunr4life
i have a ? i have an 08 jku and im looking into a 1" body lift is 6 speed manual i have the rc 2.5 lift on it now what issue should i expect?
a taller jeep?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Like I mentioned...I ran this lift on my old '07 Rubi 6-speed without any issues, I purchased it from RC in their comdo kit 2.5" Coil/1.25"BL. You shouln't have any issues on an '08.
When I first installed it it popped out of 1, 3rd gear sometimes. I made a small notch in the inner boot and it corrected the issue. It doesn't seem to happen with all JK's as main members are running the BL lift without incident.

The install took about 1.5Hrs or so. Easy install.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like I mentioned...I ran this lift on my old '07 Rubi 6-speed without any issues, I purchased it from RC in their comdo kit 2.5" Coil/1.25"BL. You shouln't have any issues on an '08.
When I first installed it it popped out of 1, 3rd gear sometimes. I made a small notch in the inner boot and it corrected the issue. It doesn't seem to happen with all JK's as main members are running the BL lift without incident.

The install took about 1.5Hrs or so. Easy install.
were they selling the body lift kits with the bumper relocation bracket back when you bought it? are there any really big gaps after its installed?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

The gap isn't that much of an issue. I never installed it with my kit. Still BNIB. I'm not sure what to do with it now as it is included in the kit now...It wasn't when I purchased it. I've since purchased a Fab Fours rear bumper/tire carrier used off Kijiji. In the process of sandblasting/powdercoating it.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tunr4life
None just trim the shifter boot on ither side, put it in second and mark to the left then put it in reverse and mark to the right and trim, and you will be fine. I installed it on my wifes JKU with a 3.5" lift and it runs fine, also have it on my 2dr with 4" lift with no issues.

Quick Reply: Issues with RC 1.25" Body Lift on 2011 JKU