Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

DVD cheat?

Old 05-10-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default DVD cheat?

If I found the power supply wire to my 430N, powered it hot and put a switch on it could I play dvd's on the road?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO! The 430N is all tied into the CanBus System of the Jeep. It communicates with the PCM to see shifter position , road speed all sorts of nanny functions. I use a "Lockpick" (Search the forums for it) and there is one more brand I cannot remember which. It enables: (From coastaletech site)

DVD PLAY WHILE IN MOTION - AUTOMATIC OR ON DEMAND

SAT TV ON FRONT SCREEN WHILE IN MOTION (IN EQUIPPED VEHICLES) - AUTOMATIC OR ON DEMAND

NAVIGATION ADDRESS INPUT WHILE IN MOTION (IN EQUIPPED VEHICLES) - AUTOMATIC OR ON DEMAND

UNLOCK EVEN DEALER BLOCKED VIDEO - EVEN IF YOUR VIDEO BUTTON IS NEVER VISIBLE THE LOCKPICK WILL EXPOSE AND UNBLOCK IT

TURN ON BACKUP REVERSE CAMERA INPUT FOR AFTERMARKET INSTALLATIONS

TURN ON FACTORY REVERSE CAMERA AT ANY TIME, EVEN IN DRIVE IF DESIRED

TURN ON A REAR SEAT BABY CAM AT ANY TIME

TURN ON A FRONT CAMERA AT ANY TIME

TURN ON A FRONT CAMERA AUTOMATICALLY BELOW 8MPH TO AID IN PARKING

OPTION BUILT IN FOR TURN SIGNAL CAMS - ACTIVATE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN TURN SIGNAL APPLIED, OR TURN ON LEFT OR RIGHT SIDE CAM MANUALLY AT ANY TIME

TURN ON VES (REAR ENTERTAINMENT MODE) IN NON EQUIPPED VEHICLES - ENABLES A VIDEO AND AUDIO INPUT FOR YOUR IPOD, IPHONE, COMPUTER, OR VIDEO GAME

AUX INS UNLOCKED IN VES EQUIPPED VEHICLES WHILE IN DRIVE

UCONNECT AND VOICE RECOGNITION ENABLED ON CAPABLE NAV RADIOS - JUST ADD A MICROPHONE AND YOU ARE READY TO GO SEE MICROPHONE OPTION HERE

NO SWITCHES TO ADD - USES FACTORY TOUCH SCREEN AND RADIO BUTTONS AND STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS

NO LOSS OF NAVIGATION USE WHILE UNLOCKED - VOICE COMMANDS AND MAP TRACKING UNAFFECTED - EVEN WHILE VIDEO IS VIEWED

ACC POWER OUTPUT PROVIDED FOR YOUR AFTERMARKET POWER NEEDS - TURNS OFF WHEN YOUR CAR TURNS OFF

CAMERAS POWERED AND CONTROLLED BY THE LOCKPICK - NO NEED FOR COMPLICATED WIRING OR EXTRA SWITCHES

PROGRAMMABLE DIP SWITCHES TO ENABLE OR TURN OFF SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS

NO CUT WIRES - 15 MINUTE INSTALL WITH PLUG AND PLAY FACTORY CONNECTORS

GREAT FOR LEASED CARS!! - UNPLUG IT AND YOUR CAR IS BACK TO STOCK

WORKS WITH ALL MYGIG RADIOS IN ANY CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP INCLUDING MANUAL AND AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS - ADVANCED UNIVERSAL COMMUNICATIONS

Makes for an easy plug and play install.

Last edited by ToolManTimTaylor; 05-10-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

The switch thats shuts off the video while driving is located on the emergency brake under the consol, There is one problem though, the brake light stays light on the dash. I haven't yet disabled mine as I am in the middle of bedlining the tub.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instead of hacking up my wiring on the new 2012 Rubicon I bought a mygig lockpic Sunday for $189.00 delivered. Should be in Friday and is plug and play.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Winterhawk
Instead of hacking up my wiring on the new 2012 Rubicon I bought a mygig lockpic Sunday for $189.00 delivered. Should be in Friday and is plug and play.
Where did you get if for 189!?!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

My navigation unit in my 2008 JKU Rubicon has been shutting off randomly while driving more frequently as of lately. Does anyone know if the lockpick might help with this?
Old 06-01-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

On aftermarket units you have a single wire you connect to the parking brake indicator switch. If you connect that wire to a ground instead, the unit thinks you are parked and will play the DVD’s while you’re in motion. I don’t know about stock.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Coastal E Tech MYGIG LOCKPICK v.4 Chrysler Dodge and Jeep Navigation Unlocking Device (MYGIGLOCKPICKv.4) from Solid Signal

$199.00

It showed up today and I installed it. Works great after a few setting changes. Instalation went ok. The grey connector didn't seam to lock in place so I used a couple of small zip strips to snug it up.

After I hooked it up I turned the key to on I got a securuty screen wanting a security code. I called the Jeep dealer and know one knew anything. After starting the Jeep it turned on perfect. I guess the Computer needed the Jeep to be running to read the system.
Mine is a 2012 Rubicon 2 door

Coastal E Tech MYGIG LOCKPICK v.4 Chrysler Dodge and Jeep Navigation Unlocking Device (MYGIGLOCKPICKv.4) $199.99 1 $199.99
Checkout - Expedited Order Processing $1.99 1 $1.99
Shipping Method: Ground

Subtotal: $201.98
Shipping Charge: $0.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Other Discounts: - $0.00
Order Checkout Total: $201.98

Old 06-01-2012, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knnphillips
My navigation unit in my 2008 JKU Rubicon has been shutting off randomly while driving more frequently as of lately. Does anyone know if the lockpick might help with this?
NO The lock pick only unlocks the locked features. DVD, input nav, cams all when your driving. For your problem I would do an update of the system. Get the latest software and update before you have bigger problems.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Winterhawk
Is yours an auto or a 6spd?

Quick Reply: DVD cheat?