Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Coyote bypass impassable

Old 10-01-2013, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coyote bypass impassable

Anza Borrego state park has closed the trail up coyote canyon to sheep camp until they can fix the trail... They say it's a first priority job..

I was up there this morning, walking the trail.. The trail up to the gate is deep in sand, no two wheel drives.. Past the gate it is doable until the first rock climb, then forget it.. I only went up half the distance ( walking). Many pits 4 ft + and all loose good size rocks.. The water really carved that trail a new one !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1661117734.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	501872

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1554487782.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	501873

The pics don't really show the extent of the power of the water.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the scouting info easy.

It actually looks kinda fun and challenging to me. I dont have my 6 wheel drive goat any more so maybe not.
I think it will be passable by the time I get my next toy trail ready. I think I have found it though. I put it in another post.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Former Member

Its passable......air down throw lockers on and start getting g creative
Old 10-01-2013, 02:07 PM
JK Junkie

Doable. Follow previous comments with good lines, stubby bumpers, ground clearance, skid plates and be willing to shed a few pounds of steel as you venture on.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:40 PM
JK Freak

Way too much work for me, not to mention the carnage.. A rock stacker's dream come True. And that's just the first part, there's two more!! It's going to take a village :)
Old 10-01-2013, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

There was an article in the SD Union on Sunday about how all the excess rain in the desert has created a "false spring" and it's really green right now with flowers growing. Also mentioned how the rains and flash floods made many Jeep trails impassible and that it was nice because it was only accessible on foot and "untouched" right now.

Last edited by Blonda; 10-02-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Blonda
There was an articke in the SD Union on Sunday about how all the excess rain in the desert has created a "false spring" and it's really green right now with flowers growing. Also mentioned how the rains and flash floods made many Jeep trails impassible and that it was nice because it was only accessible on foot and "untouched" right now.
It's REALLY GREEN now.. There are more trails affected not just coyote canyon.. Should make for an interesting fall... No pun intended
Old 10-01-2013, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. The Bronco club that I still hang out with is planning a big event in Anza Borrego on Nov 21-24 and Coyote Canyon from the Bottom (Borrego Springs) is usually one of the runs. I assume this is the end you're saying is closed.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bbolander
Thanks for the heads up. The Bronco club that I still hang out with is planning a big event in Anza Borrego on Nov 21-24 and Coyote Canyon from the Bottom (Borrego Springs) is usually one of the runs. I assume this is the end you're saying is closed.
Yes that's the one.. Mid October is the time they would like to open it up.. It's an important area for the park so we'll see how fast they get on it..
Old 10-01-2013, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Theres a fun line to the left in the first pic. Looks like fun for a small group!

Quick Reply: Coyote bypass impassable