Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Re geared. Jeep in limp mode. Please Help!!

Old 01-03-2014, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re geared. Jeep in limp mode. Please Help!!

Had my 2013 JK re geared to 4.56. Drove the vehicle and my jeep went into limp mode. The shop that I had it installed didn't realize the 2012-2013 would do that after a regear. I ordered a AEV Procal and will be here Monday. Even though I drove my jeep is in limp mode, will the Pro cal fix the problem.

Chris
Old 01-03-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4x4fn
Had my 2013 JK re geared to 4.56. Drove the vehicle and my jeep went into limp mode. The shop that I had it installed didn't realize the 2012-2013 would do that after a regear. I ordered a AEV Procal and will be here Monday. Even though I drove my jeep is in limp mode, will the Pro cal fix the problem.

Chris
The Procal will fix the problem but don't drive the jeep till then
Old 01-03-2014, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Egeli, you say the procal will fix it just don't drive the jeep till then. I drove the jeep for a little distance that's when I realized something was wrong. Will the procal still fix it.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by egeli
The Procal will fix the problem but don't drive the jeep till then
X2 on what he said.............
Old 01-03-2014, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can you explain limp mode? Is it the traction control light and abs light on and you keep getting unwanted breaking? If so thats your wheel speed sensors reading your tires rotating at a different speed than what the computer believes they should be at. Procal will fix that easily
Old 01-03-2014, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

I'm getting ready to have 4:88s installed in my 13 next week and I have the procal already but how does the jeep even know there are different gears installed I guess if you have a auto it would screw up the shift points but with my manual trans if not sure it would effect anything... Guess I better reprogram it befor I take it for a ride.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

I to am regearing next week, aside from recalibrating for gear change do I also have to recal speedo to? Have Procal also.

Last edited by Rebar-7; 01-03-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rebar-7
I to am regearing next week, aside from recalibrating for gear change do I also have to recal speedo to? Have Procal also.
No, if all you did was gears, the new ratio is all that would need to be changed as that will bring the speedo back into correct.

If you added different tires in size, you would also do the tire size and that will correct the speedo.

Don't do any procal till it is changed and before you drive it off.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

The first thing I would've said is one of your speed sensors wasn't put back on right, but I'm not sure about the procal on newer jeeps.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EsByrd
Can you explain limp mode? Is it the traction control light and abs light on and you keep getting unwanted breaking? If so thats your wheel speed sensors reading your tires rotating at a different speed than what the computer believes they should be at. Procal will fix that easily
My understanding of limp mode is its a safety mode for the jeep. It senses something is wrong. The pinion is spinning faster then it should because of the new gears that were installed. It will go into limp mode which will only shift into second gear to prevent further damage to the jeep.

Quick Reply: Re geared. Jeep in limp mode. Please Help!!