Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help!!

Old 02-04-2014, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!

It's installed my RK 2.5, when I drive down the road and get over 10 mph my antilock brakes kick in, what do I do??
Old 02-04-2014, 04:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronixwrangler
It's installed my RK 2.5, when I drive down the road and get over 10 mph my antilock brakes kick in, what do I do??
Did you adjust the draglink to recenter steering wheel?
Old 02-04-2014, 04:24 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Straighten the steering wheel ?
Old 02-04-2014, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks so much guys, that was the problem.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

last night before i adjusted the wheel, when the antilocks were kicking in, i could smell like a burnt smell. i figured that was from the brakes kicking in so often, i fixed the stearing last night and the antilocks do not kick in anymore, but when i got to work this a.m about a 5 mile drive from my house i still smelt that burnt smell, any ideas what that could be?? maybe i got some wd40 on my exhasut, idk... any experiences with a weird smell after lift??
Old 02-05-2014, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

If still using stock rims and tires it might be a tire rubbing. Happened to me. The rear upper control arm was hitting the tire. Stock rims didn't have enough back spacing. .

Sláinte
Old 02-05-2014, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cfitz22
If still using stock rims and tires it might be a tire rubbing. Happened to me. The rear upper control arm was hitting the tire. Stock rims didn't have enough back spacing. .

Sláinte
thanks, i dont think its my tires. i do have stock rims but i have the 1.5 wheel spacers on them. its not a burnt rubber smell more of a like wire burning or metal getting hot smell.. idk hard to explain.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

my front and rear axle breather hose are still connected so it cant be that, idk
Old 02-05-2014, 06:24 AM
JK Super Freak

If you still have the issue when you leave work, then I'd pull the wheels and inspect your assemblies, start with the front axle. It's likely that it's just leftover from yesterday and will diminish completely by the time you get home tonight.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nwapache
If you still have the issue when you leave work, then I'd pull the wheels and inspect your assemblies, start with the front axle. It's likely that it's just leftover from yesterday and will diminish completely by the time you get home tonight.
thanks, im dropping it off at the alignment shop in the a.m hes going to check over my work and torque the jam nuts to spec since i could barely get any pull on them.

Quick Reply: Help!!