Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Anyone painted interior parts to match exterior of jeep?

Old 01-29-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Anyone painted interior parts to match exterior of jeep?

Anyone painted the dash or other interior sections to match exterior of jeep?

I am thinking about painting the center section of dash (same section you put overlays on) to match exterior.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know someone on here did and they had a flame red also. I just don't remember who. I do remember that it looked awesome. I'll help you out and see if I can find it.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 PM
JK Freak

Bingo!
Damn I'm good!

Here ya go buddy:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...paint+interior
Old 01-29-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn`t do it as I think it looks ghetto and cheesy but thats my opinion so no offence to anyone.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I do NOT plan on paintimg it like those pics.

I am considering painting the center panel around the radio and the panels below where the switches and controls are. I would only paint the piece around the radio and the panel below...nothing else.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would do it for mine, but i already have black plastic. I did, and plan to do more, bring the silver trim from the inside to parts on the outside, only on accents and other small parts, just to blend the black/silver scheme thoughout the car.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a fan personally, but everyone likes different looks.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
None taken...

Be sure to clean each piece first, and if you want it to look nice, wet sand the texture down as far as you can, prime it twice, lightly sand that, then paint it, clear it, and snap the peices back in, each step you leave out will drop the quality of the finished peice, been there, done that, bought the tshirt.
Excuse me i just have a question, why is it that in all three jeeps u dont change the color of the steering wheel and just leave it stock??? im not saying that the jeeps arent good looking its just that i think the steering wheel is breaking the color theme of the jeep.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I painted the center stack and the frame around the windshield. I think it should have come that way. Since I took these photos, I also painted the flat parts of the plastic door inserts. I should post some picts of that too soon.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

There is a nice looking kit on ebay right now from a seller in Canada. It says it a "Domed Dash Overlay", Automotive Grade, 10 years Experience, UV Protection, Self Adhesive backing, can be removed. Seller "clearview-lensing". They are $89.95 plus $5 shipping. Using the "Search" function I didn't find anyone here that bought them. I was curious about the quality for the price. They have a 100% positive feedback, but I want to see a review!

Do an ebay search "Jeep JK Wrangler Dash Kit".

Quick Reply: Anyone painted interior parts to match exterior of jeep?