Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Plans for a July Rubicon Run ?

Old 05-16-2013, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Plans for a July Rubicon Run ?

Looking to join a group or form a group, never been on the Rubicon so anyone with experience that can lead would be great.. Flexible on dates.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started a thread to try and get a run going 10/11 Julyish. Link is below. I'm flexible on dates within that 9-12 Jul timeframe. Let me know if those dates work for you. I don't care if it's just our two Jeeps; I just don't want to try and tackle it on my own. I've never done it myself either, but there is plenty of information online. Even if we don't have someone with experience to run it with I'm confident we can figure it out. Let me know if those dates work for you and if you're interested.

There is another run going that weekend, but it's literally a drive up on Friday, run the Rubicon on Saturday, and drive back on Sunday. I was looking to go at a more leisurely pace and enjoy the sights. I'll already be up in the Reno area that week, so no caravan up for me unfortunately.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/soca...1-july-270619/
Old 05-16-2013, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

I'm hoping to be in Reno during that time ( visiting family ) I just bought a 2013 rubicon I'm from Texas so I can't wait to make that trip
Old 05-16-2013, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FOEX4
I'm hoping to be in Reno during that time ( visiting family ) I just bought a 2013 rubicon I'm from Texas so I can't wait to make that trip
Just curious... where you headed to in Reno? My wife used to live in Sparks and still has a lot of friends there. That's who we're going to visit.

Hope you can make it out. I'm planning on taking my 16 yr old daughter, and my dad and a buddy if they can get the time off work. My dad's getting little old though, so I'm not sure how excited he'd be about making that trip. My buddy may or may not be able to get the time off work. My daughter doesn't have a choice as far as I'm concerned.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is an option.. i'm looking at the other thread as well to see if anything is getting firm.. Would be nice to have several jeeps..
Old 05-17-2013, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

Agreed it would be nice to have more Jeeps. I'm flexible on dates in that 8-12 Jul window. I just don't want to rush through it in a day. Being my first time there I want to take a couple days to enjoy it.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SDDan
This is an option.. i'm looking at the other thread as well to see if anything is getting firm.. Would be nice to have several jeeps..
Wish I had the funds and the jeep ready. Next year will have to do
Old 05-18-2013, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wish you had the funds as well Brandon, would be awesome if you could join..
Old 05-18-2013, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smittycm
Agreed it would be nice to have more Jeeps. I'm flexible on dates in that 8-12 Jul window. I just don't want to rush through it in a day. Being my first time there I want to take a couple days to enjoy it.
I agree, two days on the trail is ideal.

Quick Reply: Any Plans for a July Rubicon Run ?