Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Because This Land is Made for You and Me

Old 12-08-2013, 10:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Because This Land is Made for You and Me

Effective January 1, 2008:

In an effort to encourage responsible land and trail use, JK-Forum.com will no longer allow photographs of Jeeps or other off-road vehicles to be posted here if they are shown to be clearly off-trail and/or glorifying their capabilities at the expense of the surrounding environment or landscape. Photographs of this nature and/or even comments describing such harmful activities in a positive light will be edited or deleted accordingly. If you see any photographs and/or comments describing inappropriate or questionable activities on land that you know to be protected or off limits to motorized vehicles, we'd be grateful if you could please let us know by clicking on the "Report Post" link (looks like an "!" mark) on the bottom left hand corner of your screen.

If you are new to Jeeps and/or the sport of off-roading and would like to know how you can help keep our trails looking great and open for all to enjoy, here are two simple rules you can follow that can and do make a world of difference:

1. Stay on the trail at all times and deviate from it only when absolutely necessary (i.e. unforeseen obstacle(s) that prevents safe passage). Driving off trail can cause severe terrain erosion, wildlife habitat/plant life destruction and the spoiling of pristine landscape features that many of us hope to enjoy.

2. Pack it in, pack it out, pickup whatever else you can and pack it out too. While most Jeepers are great about hauling out their own trash, one of the things that you can do that really helps to make a big difference is to make a conscious effort to collect trash left behind by others and haul it out along with yours. Essentially, leave the lands that you just used in better shape than when you got to it.

For more information on how you can make a difference in keeping our lands and trails beautiful, open and accessible to all, please visit the following websites:

Tread Lightly
Home | Leave No Trace

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Quick Reply: Because This Land is Made for You and Me