Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

California Vehicle Code Violations

Old 07-15-2010, 09:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great info! What about doors?
Old 07-16-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks they're coming off this weekend
Old 11-10-2010, 10:56 PM
JK Newbie

Feel free to move this if it is not in the right location. I am contemplating installing a front hitch receiver. I am contemplating using that hitch receiver to mount a small cargo rack to, or something else equally useful. Does anyone know of any obvious vehicle code violations that this would brake or does it sound like something I would not have an issue with? Has anyone done this before?

Thank you,
Chris
Old 11-18-2010, 01:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucid
Feel free to move this if it is not in the right location. I am contemplating installing a front hitch receiver. I am contemplating using that hitch receiver to mount a small cargo rack to, or something else equally useful. Does anyone know of any obvious vehicle code violations that this would brake or does it sound like something I would not have an issue with? Has anyone done this before?

Thank you,
Chris
Loads
35406. (a) Except as provided in subdivision (b), the load upon any vehicle operated alone, or the load upon the front vehicle of a combination of vehicles, shall not extend more than three feet beyond the foremost part of the front tires of the vehicle or the front bumper of the vehicle, if it is equipped with a front bumper.

(b) When the load is composed solely of vehicles, the load upon the front vehicle of a combination of vehicles shall not extend more than four feet beyond the foremost part of the front tires of the vehicle or the front bumper of the vehicle, if it is equipped with a front bumper.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Default quick fix

register your car in a diffrent state. no more front plates, nice dark tints i had 2.5% all around. mufflers? who needs them, 3" straight back dump off before rear axel.

p.s. im not a cop but i like to put them to work

peter
Old 05-13-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quick question,

can i take the rear center taillight off without getting pulled over?

Old 05-13-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is what I saw.. .

d) Where two stoplamps are required, at least one shall be mounted at the left and one at the right side, respectively, at the same level.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I read it the same way, and road around for about 6 months with no center break light. No warnings or tickets.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
this is what I saw.. .

d) Where two stoplamps are required, at least one shall be mounted at the left and one at the right side, respectively, at the same level.
Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
quick question,

can i take the rear center taillight off without getting pulled over?

Originally Posted by SoupSandwich
I read it the same way, and road around for about 6 months with no center break light. No warnings or tickets.
Its federal madated it be there in a vehicle after '87. Sorry guys.

24252. (a) All lighting equipment of a required type installed on a vehicle shall at all times be maintained in good working order. Lamps shall be equipped with bulbs of the correct voltage rating corresponding to the nominal voltage at the lamp socket.

(b) The voltage at any tail, stop, license plate, side marker or clearance lamp socket on a vehicle shall not be less than 85 percent of the design voltage of the bulb. Voltage tests shall be conducted with the engine operating.

(c) Two or more lamp or reflector functions may be combined, provided each function subject to requirements established by the department meets such requirements.

(1) No turn signal lamp may be combined optically with a stoplamp unless the stoplamp is extinguished when the turn signal is flashing.

(2) No clearance lamp may be combined optically with any taillamp or identification lamp.

Amended Ch. 723, Stats. 1979. Effective January 1, 1980.

Last edited by SGT.; 05-24-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is this true that beadlocks are forbidden in California?

Quick Reply: California Vehicle Code Violations