Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Current John Bull Condition?

Old 03-19-2011, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Current John Bull Condition?

Can anybody fill me in on the current condition of John Bull. It has been pretty dry and a little warmer up there lately. That is until this weekend. I was thinking of heading up there next Saturday and I heard that it might not be passable right now. Anybody been up there recently?
Old 03-19-2011, 09:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *Seth*
Can anybody fill me in on the current condition of John Bull. It has been pretty dry and a little warmer up there lately. That is until this weekend. I was thinking of heading up there next Saturday and I heard that it might not be passable right now. Anybody been up there recently?
Here is gatekeeper at John Bull at the end of January (sorry I don't have any more recent knowledge):

This was as far as we got.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wonder how much snow will be getting dumped on the trail tonight. Anybody know if White Mountain is passable right now? Any other hard trail up there passable right now?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:34 AM
JK Jedi

Last time we were there the gate heeper took 6 jeeps a good hour and ahalf of all winching to get threw it. Its doable just slick with the snow
Old 03-21-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by *Seth*
I wonder how much snow will be getting dumped on the trail tonight. Anybody know if White Mountain is passable right now? Any other hard trail up there passable right now?
I was in big bear yesterday. We got a couple inches Saturday night and then last night they reported 14-18"
Old 03-22-2011, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody else have any thoughts for me?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toad
I suggest calling the ranger station for current conditions: http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...Contact%2520Us
Darn, they are closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays. That means no info until Friday.

Quick Reply: Current John Bull Condition?