Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Help installing wires

Old 06-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Help installing wires

Would anyone be around to help me install new ignition wires this weekend? I've got check engine P0303 code. I'm at 94k. Seems like it would either be ignition wires or coil pack. Both seem like somewhat easy jobs, it's just my daily driver and I can't afford big mistakes.

I'll even pay you some $$ for your time, buy lunch, bring over cold beers ect. Willing to drive to you.

I like to turn the wrenches and learn about the JK. Just looking for someone friendly enough to help out. I've posted here before and have got some great help from some great members. Learning as things come up. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Got wires done myself. Moving onto coil pack tomorrow night. Hopefully that solves the issue.

I still have to get some fluids changed (diff and transfer case) and might have to do plugs if this doesn't work. Still would like to wrench if anyone is able to help.

I am also very good with computers so I can help you out most likely if you needed it.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Ok so I got the wires done myself and almost all of the plugs. I can't get the #1 which is buried on the passenger side.

Someone help a fellow learning JKer out. Just need about 20 minutes of your time to show me the trick to this one. I'm thinking maybe with some different tools this isn't so difficult?

I live in Newport but of course I'll drive to you.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by EHarris
Ok so I got the wires done myself and almost all of the plugs. I can't get the #1 which is buried on the passenger side. Someone help a fellow learning JKer out. Just need about 20 minutes of your time to show me the trick to this one. I'm thinking maybe with some different tools this isn't so difficult? I live in Newport but of course I'll drive to you.
Got this done but still wanting to wrench with someone this weekend or anytime coming up. Hope to see some of you soon. Looking forward to learning.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Not much of a trick on that passenger side one! It just sucks! I think it took me 20 min to get the new one in when I did mine a few weeks ago. Real pain to reach. You in Newport Beach?
Old 06-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Machoo
Not much of a trick on that passenger side one! It just sucks! I think it took me 20 min to get the new one in when I did mine a few weeks ago. Real pain to reach. You in Newport Beach?
Yea I'm in Newport on the peninsula.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EHarris
Yea I'm in Newport on the peninsula.
Cool I'm down the street in Costa Mesa
Old 06-04-2016, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Machoo
Cool I'm down the street in Costa Mesa
Cool. Give me a shout anytime. I used to live on behind Main Street in HB for a long time but I moved over here almost a year ago.

Quick Reply: Help installing wires