Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Installation shop recommendations (LA or Ventura) for a lift kit.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installation shop recommendations (LA or Ventura) for a lift kit.

I posted this in the JK modified, but thought I'd have better luck in the So Cal section.

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a place to have a lift installed in either the San Fernando Valley, Simi, Thousand Oaks, Valencia? Just got a 2015 Unlimited Altitude and wanted to do a lift. I did it myself on my 08 unlimited, but it was a pain doing it. I had previously used a 4" Zone offroad suspension lift, which now after reading through the posts, I see 4" is really not recommended. I loved the way it looked, and for the most part had no problems. I was running 35x12.5 with 18" wheels. So I'm thinking doing a Rough Country 3.5" (609S) kit?? If anyone has any input, I'm open to listen.

Thanks!

In addition, just out of curiousity... approx what labor cost should I be looking at? I called one off road place, they said about $700 labor, I called 4 wheel parts, which came up with a crazy amount of $1100 and I called another local shop that said they specialize in Jeeps, and he quoted me 15 hours @ $95/hr. I kinda remember back around 2011 a friend paid $600 to install the same lift I had which was basically springs, shocks, adj track bar, cam washers, rear track relocation, brake line brackets.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

Call Jim Cox at HigherGround Fab in Santa Clarita: 661-714-2060. He does all the work on our rigs and is the crew chief for our race teams. I don't let anyone else touch our rigs.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:36 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I went to Off Road Unlimited in Burbank over the weekend. Spoke with Maurice (I think he's owner), and quoted me a pretty good price for a 3.5" Rough Country installed. I talked with a few other people that have used them and they were happy with them.

Quick Reply: Installation shop recommendations (LA or Ventura) for a lift kit.