Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

LA county fire card-where do I get it?

Old 03-13-2011, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LA county fire card-where do I get it?

Ok so I need to get a fire card for LA county for my job. I was put in contact with an instructor but am working on the days he has classes, so I am charged to find one on my own. Does anyone happen to know where/who teaches these classes out here? Typically I think they are taught by a retired firefighter, or so I've been told. And google is being of no help on this one. I have seen a few people on here in the medical/fire/EMT field and wondering if you all have an inside scoop. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:53 PM
JK Super Freak

I assume you are talking about an EMT or nursing card? There are a few places around here that offer the courses, and they would probably be good places to contact to get information about a card from LA County. The following places teach an EMT/nursing classes:

UCLA
College Of The Canyons in Santa Clarita
Pasadena City College in Pasadena
Rio Hondo College
and I think Daniel Freeman Hospital still has a class.

Also, have you tried contacting LA Co FD? They may be able to give you a hand, too. Or look at this: http://allnurses.com/california-nurs...ty-297971.html
Old 03-16-2011, 02:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I'm an EMT in LA County and working on being a firefighter.

If it is EMT that you need to take, i took it at CIEMT in Long Beach. Amazing teacher and amazing class.

If you can find out what the "fire card" is i can find out for you.

Quick Reply: LA county fire card-where do I get it?