Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

need help from you LA people

Old 01-23-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help from you LA people

I am moving to the LA area, I think it's called Playa del Rey more specifically, towards the coast, for 13 weeks starting this week and into the end of April. I looked up the average weather and saw 70-80 days and 60's for the nights. However, I was talking to my aunt out there, granted she doesn't live in the same area, but she was saying no more like 60's in the days.
So my question to you all is what is what is the average weather out there for February-April? I thought I was ready to go and packed but now I'm second guessing myself.

Thanks!

Last edited by westexasjk; 01-23-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No matter the weather. Just bring a few sweaters and you should be fine. No matter how cold it gets, it's not cold enough for anything more than a sweater. Maybe a pair of ugg boots but other than that I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you! I already have my sweaters packed! I guess I'm just gonna over-pack as I always do and bring a little bit of everything!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by westexasjk
I am moving to the LA area, I think it's called Playa del Rey more specifically, towards the coast, for 13 weeks starting this week and into the end of April. I looked up the average weather and saw 70-80 days and 60's for the nights. However, I was talking to my aunt out there, granted she doesn't live in the same area, but she was saying no more like 60's in the days.
So my question to you all is what is what is the average weather out there for February-April? I thought I was ready to go and packed but now I'm second guessing myself.

Thanks!
i live right down the way in redondo beach. check out the beach cities, hermosa, redondo and Manhattan. your not going to want to leave.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

dude a sweater will sufice & maybe a flask full of American Honey will do
Old 01-27-2011, 10:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beantown

i live right down the way in redondo beach. check out the beach cities, hermosa, redondo and Manhattan. your not going to want to leave.
x2

Redondo area as well. The beaches will have you dreading going back in April
Old 01-28-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Beantown and Big red--Looks like I will be working in Torrance for the next few weeks. Nice area?
And it gets cold here at night! Nice mornings and days but chilly right after sunset, kinda surprising! So far I'm loving it. Being very close to the beach isin't hurting though! Hoping to catch some meet and greets while I'm here and maybe one of the newbie/scenic runs. Looking at the so-cal staging area to see whats going on.

And you all drive crazy here! I'm going a little over the speed limit and getting passed terribly. Doesn't help that I also don't really know where I'm going! I'm used to being the aggressor in El Paso, but here I look like an old grama compared to everyone else.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Torrance has some great Japanese restaurants The further from the beach, the iffier the hood.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: need help from you LA people