Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

OC Mountain Biking

Old 05-19-2009, 09:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OC Mountain Biking

Anyone in the OC area Mountain Bike? Hopefully my new bike will be here next week and it might be fun to get a ride together sometime, once I have some conditioning back. I am fat and slow, guess that's what kids and wives do to you.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Try Crystal Cove State Park just up the road from Laguna Beach if you don't mind riding uphill to earn the down hill run or Alyso/Wood Canyons Regional park.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sully151
Anyone in the OC area Mountain Bike? Hopefully my new bike will be here next week and it might be fun to get a ride together sometime, once I have some conditioning back. I am fat and slow, guess that's what kids and wives do to you.
I like to mountain bike, but am WAY out of shape (even though I don't have the kids excuse! ). I would be interested in going for a ride...I tried crystal cove once a long time ago and I remember it being VERY challenging....although I may have taken a harder path than I was expecting...
Old 05-20-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you're not feeling the uphill battle and you have two people you can car shuttle starting at rim of the world in Laguna and take it all the way down into Aliso Viejo. This is in the Aliso/Woods canyon trail system that was mentioned by BradleyBob.

Xhttp://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=s&lat=33.556732&lon=-117.760644&zoom=17X

Here is the starting point at the top - It's call rim of the world park. Remove the X's from the link above.

Aaron
Old 05-20-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a pretty nice bike that I have to take in for a tune up. I also have to get into shape to be able to hang but, maybe we should have a biking newbie run
Old 05-20-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jmacaws
I have a pretty nice bike that I have to take in for a tune up. I also have to get into shape to be able to hang but, maybe we should have a biking newbie run
That sounds awesome...I have a fairly new bike (read a few years old but not ridden very much), that needs to see some dirt. a newbie run is probably just what I need. I like climbs, but nothing too extreme until my legs start working right again...
Old 05-20-2009, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08redJKnCA
That sounds awesome...I have a fairly new bike (read a few years old but not ridden very much), that needs to see some dirt. a newbie run is probably just what I need. I like climbs, but nothing too extreme until my legs start working right again...
So, then Last Chance Canyon it is! I know that there's a biking trail at the end of "Hloy Jims." Don't know the rating of it though.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

This is what I am talking about
Old 05-20-2009, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sully151
This is what I am talking about
X2...busy this weekend thanks to wheelin...but will try to make time the following weekend if y'all are up to it...at least that's when I will be able to go...maybe even an evening ride here and there if I know in advance...
Old 05-20-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

i would also be down for that i run a single speed so not to fast but ill keep up .

Quick Reply: OC Mountain Biking