Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

So What Was Done to Your Jeep This Week?

Old 09-12-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JGarb
It's literally one of the easiest mods to do. Just take your tire(must me around 35 inches for it to work right) and simply lean it against your back row of seats, and tie it down with bungies or rope. Simple as that
Hope they don't jack you!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO

Hope they don't jack you!
Yeah thinking about it today I think I'm going to get a chain lock and secure it to something, that way someone doesn't take it. Couldn't imagine someone wanting one heavy wheel but I could be wrong
Old 09-12-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah thinking about it today I think I'm going to get a chain lock and secure it to something, that way someone doesn't take it. Couldn't imagine someone wanting one heavy wheel but I could be wrong
Well they can sell it! I know people that they have gotten there stock spare stolen
Old 09-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's literally one of the easiest mods to do. Just take your tire(must me around 35 inches for it to work right) and simply lean it against your back row of seats, and tie it down with bungies .....Simple as that

Lol get rear ended watch tire play paddle ball with your passengers heads......

Very dangerous set up there would not want a tire 35" + fly I g around there's a reason bolts hold them down, tie straps and all thread with urethane mounts....

Get a ratchet strap and anchor accros it to the cage....then lock it, a lock will kelp it from getting stolen but not smashing someone in a accident....that's like the loose hi-lift jack idea....
Strap it down....wrecked my pre runner and watched my tire fly 50+ feet up and hundred feet out ...this was a 35" and it flew easily.....it was thrown in back barely strapped down and wrecked.....pot hole half the size of my tire on road destroyed right front rim an and tire sending me into ditch....

Last edited by BRUT4CE; 09-12-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Installed a LockPick I've had laying around for a year, added a backup camera so I can actually see if someone is standing behind the Jeep Adjusted the steering stops on my Reid knuckles and gained turning radius Fixed the coolant leak I was having, re-torqued the time cover to block bolts Wired up some new LED rear side lights
This weekend prepping for Moab
Old 09-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by 69mach1
Installed a LockPick I've had laying around for a year, added a backup camera so I can actually see if someone is standing behind the Jeep Adjusted the steering stops on my Reid knuckles and gained turning radius Fixed the coolant leak I was having, re-torqued the time cover to block bolts Wired up some new LED rear side lights
This weekend prepping for Moab
I want a lock pick lol after you mentioned it I looked and now its a must have.....curious to hear your thoughts on it Jon.....("yawn")......see i retain Some things...
Old 09-13-2013, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Getting new shoes!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2770971250.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	497117  
Old 09-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Former Member

Started to do the company colors on the jeep....did rings, rigid light shrouds, screws on rear panels....

Old 09-13-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, last weekend I swapped axles with a 2011 Sahara. The donor jeep had the standard D30/D44 but with upgrades. I now am running Detroit True Tracs with 4.88 gearing. The front axle has Evo tubes and inner C gussets. I swapped out my Rough Country 4 inch springs for AEV 3.5 inch springs and Bilstein 5100 shocks. I also have a Poly Performance tie-rod and a Poly Performance rear adjustable track bar. I will be installing a JE Reel 1350 drive shaft in the front this week while I am off from work. Pretty good weekend project. Now I need some serious time to recover. I am sore. LOL
Old 09-13-2013, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by BRUT4CE
I want a lock pick lol after you mentioned it I looked and now its a must have.....curious to hear your thoughts on it Jon.....("Yawn")......see i retain Some things...

Yo Travis

The Lockpick is pretty cool, simple things like entering an address into the NAV while you're moving I really do like the backup camera way better odds... of not running over somebody (literally), Hoping to install a front camera this weekend for Moab, when I'm cresting those places where you can't see sh!t I can at least have an idea if there is ground in front of me I'm still learning the other things it can do, like Uconnect with your cell phone and voice recognition. (by the way I bought 2 microphones by mistake, I'll make you a deal so you can get your cell phone working)

Happy Friday

Quick Reply: So What Was Done to Your Jeep This Week?