JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   SoCal (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/socal-45/)
-   -   SoCal Memorial Day Weekend Newbie Run (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/socal-45/socal-memorial-day-weekend-newbie-run-8329/)

wayoflife 05-18-2007 08:44 AM

SoCal Memorial Day Weekend Newbie Run

Hey all you newbie guys & gals, I just wanted to let you know that wayoflifette and I will be planning a newbie intro to wheeling day this Memorial Day weekend. On this day trip, we will cover tips, tricks and general information that every Jeeper should know as well as help you learn more about your new JK and how much it can really do on the trail. I will provide more details in the next day or two including what trail we will be going on and on what day. If you're interested in joining us or have any questions, please chime in here!

wayoflife :cool:

CLACKEY(_!_) 05-18-2007 08:49 AM

"Ding Ding"

Oh wait. Nevermind, I ruined the last trip for toad.

That's pretty cool. I think Toad and others will realize that the Jk will do a whole lot more than they think.

wayoflife 05-18-2007 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_) (Post 87839)
"Ding Ding"

Oh wait. Nevermind, I ruined the last trip for toad.

That's pretty cool. I think Toad and others will realize that the Jk will do a whole lot more than they think.

LOL!! :rotflmao1:

Naw, this will be really good and hopefully we will get a bunch of folks to come out. Once they realize what all they can really do in their JK's (stock or otherwise), I'm sure we'll see a lot more of them coming out to play on the harder stuff with the rest of us. :yup:

doojer 05-18-2007 09:23 AM

Sounds like fun! I know I always benefit from the tips WOL and WOLette have to offer. :yup: Looking forward to seeing what trail you guys have in mind.

Puddlz 05-18-2007 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by wayoflife (Post 87831)
Hey all you newbie guys & gals, I just wanted to let you know that wayoflifette and I will be planning a newbie intro to wheeling day this Memorial Day weekend. On this day trip, we will cover tips, tricks and general information that every Jeeper should know as well as help you learn more about your new JK and how much it can really do on the trail. I will provide more details in the next day or two including what trail we will be going on and on what day. If you're interested in joining us or have any questions, please chime in here!

wayoflife :cool:

Ding Ding

Count me in for 2 seats, front center...Prefer close to the isle

:ya:

directedby 05-18-2007 12:26 PM

where and what day?

i might just go - :toung:

wayoflife 05-18-2007 12:28 PM

Cool! Just to float it out there, would any of you be willing to make this an over-nighter (i.e. Sat to Sun camping trip)? If so, there are some very scenic easy trails up in the White Mountains east of Independence or up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains west of Bishop that I think you would all really enjoy. But, if we need to keep this a day trip, there are some great places out in the Mojave that would work just as well but of course, it may be a bit hot out by then. Let me know what you all think.

wayoflife 05-18-2007 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by toad (Post 88138)
I'm up for camping. Although I need to adjust my tent trailer, I may just get a tent and throw it in the back and goooooooooooooo :)

Cool! How about you directedby or Puddlz, would you guys be up for camping as well? If not, I think we can still shoot for a day trip as I would like as many people to come as possible. But, if you think you can make it, I know you will have a great time :yup:

Dayton 05-18-2007 02:32 PM

Chiming in!

The Wifey and little one #1 and #2 will be coming along... and maybe my father-in-law in his YJ. With the little ones in tow, I'd prefer the day trip.

directedby 05-18-2007 06:39 PM

yeah, i think a day trip is better for me - but if you go over night I can meet you for a few hours if the drive isn't too far -