Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

SoCal Memorial Day Weekend Newbie Run

Old 05-18-2007, 08:44 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Cool SoCal Memorial Day Weekend Newbie Run

Hey all you newbie guys & gals, I just wanted to let you know that wayoflifette and I will be planning a newbie intro to wheeling day this Memorial Day weekend. On this day trip, we will cover tips, tricks and general information that every Jeeper should know as well as help you learn more about your new JK and how much it can really do on the trail. I will provide more details in the next day or two including what trail we will be going on and on what day. If you're interested in joining us or have any questions, please chime in here!

wayoflife
Old 05-18-2007, 08:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Ding Ding"

Oh wait. Nevermind, I ruined the last trip for toad.

That's pretty cool. I think Toad and others will realize that the Jk will do a whole lot more than they think.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:57 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
"Ding Ding"

Oh wait. Nevermind, I ruined the last trip for toad.

That's pretty cool. I think Toad and others will realize that the Jk will do a whole lot more than they think.
LOL!!

Naw, this will be really good and hopefully we will get a bunch of folks to come out. Once they realize what all they can really do in their JK's (stock or otherwise), I'm sure we'll see a lot more of them coming out to play on the harder stuff with the rest of us.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like fun! I know I always benefit from the tips WOL and WOLette have to offer. Looking forward to seeing what trail you guys have in mind.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Hey all you newbie guys & gals, I just wanted to let you know that wayoflifette and I will be planning a newbie intro to wheeling day this Memorial Day weekend. On this day trip, we will cover tips, tricks and general information that every Jeeper should know as well as help you learn more about your new JK and how much it can really do on the trail. I will provide more details in the next day or two including what trail we will be going on and on what day. If you're interested in joining us or have any questions, please chime in here!

wayoflife
Ding Ding

Count me in for 2 seats, front center...Prefer close to the isle

Old 05-18-2007, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where and what day?

i might just go - :toung:
Old 05-18-2007, 12:28 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Cool! Just to float it out there, would any of you be willing to make this an over-nighter (i.e. Sat to Sun camping trip)? If so, there are some very scenic easy trails up in the White Mountains east of Independence or up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains west of Bishop that I think you would all really enjoy. But, if we need to keep this a day trip, there are some great places out in the Mojave that would work just as well but of course, it may be a bit hot out by then. Let me know what you all think.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:39 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by toad
I'm up for camping. Although I need to adjust my tent trailer, I may just get a tent and throw it in the back and goooooooooooooo
Cool! How about you directedby or Puddlz, would you guys be up for camping as well? If not, I think we can still shoot for a day trip as I would like as many people to come as possible. But, if you think you can make it, I know you will have a great time
Old 05-18-2007, 02:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chiming in!

The Wifey and little one #1 and #2 will be coming along... and maybe my father-in-law in his YJ. With the little ones in tow, I'd prefer the day trip.

Last edited by Dayton; 05-18-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, i think a day trip is better for me - but if you go over night I can meet you for a few hours if the drive isn't too far -

Quick Reply: SoCal Memorial Day Weekend Newbie Run