Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Sprintex Supercharged 3.8

Old 01-30-2017, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sprintex Supercharged 3.8

Hello SoCal! I am considering this kit from a very reputable vendor that seems to have the tuning dialed in. I am on the fence and I am hoping a fellow member in the SoCal area has a Sprintex SC'd 3.8 that I could take a ride in. I'd like to hear the ups and downs, I read quite a bit of bad and some good... I'm happy to buy you lunch or a beer and meet you where convenient, I live in Anaheim.

Id also like to ride in MANUAL 3.8 RIPP'd JK, but that kit is not my first choice as I rarely drive in the RPM range where it seems to make decent power, but maybe I'm just completely wrong...

Last edited by Ajkaz; 01-30-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:51 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Being in Anaheim your best bet is Rebel Off Road or one of their customers builds. I had a Sprintex SC but now we're in the middle of doing a 6.4L Hemi install. 👍
Old 01-31-2017, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I drive a 2011 JKU Rubi with the 3.8l running 5.38 gears on 40inch tires. The Sprintex intercooled sc at least made my Jeep drivable. My wife drives a 2013 JKU Rubi with 4.10 gears and 35 inch tires and I am envious of the 3.6 Pentastar. As you will most likely see a pattern with sc owners, I too am in the process of moving to a v8 as well. I wont say that the sc wasn't worth it at the time but for the price of an LS swap now days I would have just done the v8 instead.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Being in Anaheim your best bet is Rebel Off Road or one of their customers builds. I had a Sprintex SC but now we're in the middle of doing a 6.4L Hemi install. 👍
Thanks for the reply, what did you think of your Sprintex? Did you have any major issues with it?
Old 01-31-2017, 09:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Riptide9
I drive a 2011 JKU Rubi with the 3.8l running 5.38 gears on 40inch tires. The Sprintex intercooled sc at least made my Jeep drivable. My wife drives a 2013 JKU Rubi with 4.10 gears and 35 inch tires and I am envious of the 3.6 Pentastar. As you will most likely see a pattern with sc owners, I too am in the process of moving to a v8 as well. I wont say that the sc wasn't worth it at the time but for the price of an LS swap now days I would have just done the v8 instead.
I am considering an LS swap it's just a little more pricey in CA even going DIY because of the CARB standard. Motech recommends I buy a brand new full stock LS exhaust with cats for around $2K to help prove the origin to to referee. Do you have any issues with the sprintex?
Old 02-01-2017, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
I am considering an LS swap it's just a little more pricey in CA even going DIY because of the CARB standard. Motech recommends I buy a brand new full stock LS exhaust with cats for around $2K to help prove the origin to to referee. Do you have any issues with the sprintex?
Only issue I have had with the Spintex has been with the map sensor o-ring.... very critical that it gets put in with even a microscopic nick or it will run like crap. Took 4 tries to get it right but no other issues and I have 30k miles on it.

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharged 3.8