Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

any recommended install shops in/near knoxville or east TN?

Old 08-19-2009, 05:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default any recommended install shops in/near knoxville or east TN?

Well, the time has come. I've started my new job and finally have some cash flow rollin in. My birthday is comin up in october and I'm gonna begin the first round of mods to my jk.

What i'm pretty sure I'm gonna run is the teraflex 3" lift w/ flex arms, front lowers and rear upper controll arms. I'm confident in my install abilities, but since I moved to Knoxville, I have no shop access. My father has a 70x35 shop with all my tools back home. It's a 2.5 hr drive 1 way. So, i've been tossing up the idea of letting a local shop do the install. I've only had a one lift kit installed by someone else before. That was, alex Hendry, in nashville Tn. He's really well know for doing lift kits, probably 30+ years now. He did my 2500HD back in 2004. I really want to do it myself, I've a very hands on type person, but can't here. I have a garage at my townhouse here, but they would flip out if I tore all the suspension off my jeep in there.

So, please please offer any ideas or recommendations. If anything, My other main concern is a shop that I can trust to install my gears. I'm gonna be running 5:13's and want it done as perfect as possible. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

-Chad-
Old 08-24-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

No suggestion? Kinda hard to believe that no one knows of any good shops in East tn, knoxville area.

I could be blindfolded and spun around till and sick and still manage to hit a performace and/or offroad shop in the Mid tn area. didn't think it would be an issue when I moved out this way.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check Goforth Tire in Kodak. They used to build custom Jeep rock crawlers.

You could also check with David at the Cosby Highway Service Center.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default Jim's and Just Jeeps

Jim's Off Road in Oak Ridge and Just Jeeps off Middlebrook Pike in Knoxville are both good. I've used them both with good luck.

Just Jeeps lifted an XJ for me that went well and Jim's did my locler and gears.

I would use either again.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:25 PM
JK Freak

Awesome, I looked up both places a while back, but wanted to hear about them. Only thing I'm concerned is finding someone reliable to install gears, axles, ect.. I'll be out your way on thursday for work.

-Chad-
Old 08-26-2009, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

May be a little too far for you (in Bristol, just a couple of miles from Bristol Speedway), but these guys are the best and most professional. They have hired all the best mechanics. They have an awesome place and are a huge distributor of most parts. RPMoffroad ask for Jereme.

Quick Reply: any recommended install shops in/near knoxville or east TN?