Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Fort Benning

Old 07-14-2012, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fort Benning

PCSing to Fort Benning next week and bringing the new Rubi. If there are any Groups in the area I am looking as well as any recommendations for mechanics or people who are trusted to work on Jeeps (ESP regearing)
Old 07-14-2012, 07:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for your service! and , nice jeep . im sure someone will answer your questions
Old 07-14-2012, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

What's your MOS? I left Benning a little while ago, but my old EOD unit has quite a few Jeepers ...
Old 07-15-2012, 03:16 AM
JK Newbie

There are some folks from Columbus who ride with the Alabama group. Good folks. Give bham jk a search on facebook. We try to do one ride a month. Some spots we ride are:
Morris Mountain
Chocolocca
Skyline WMA
Gray Rock

July ride is at Chocolocca. There is a ride planned for Hawk's Pride in North Alabama in August. I am sure you could caravan up with the folks from the Columbus area.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

talk to jimmy at columbus custom exhaust he builds alot of buggies and knows alot about jeeps.. hes seen it all done it all
Old 07-15-2012, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sout...-group-171453/

Jayson (jeepoholic) and Ryan (RyanC) are outstanding guys and while I was down there had them do some stuff for me, I'd like to say I helped..... but I suck at mechanic things haha. They also wheel a lot, almost once a month, or at least they did while I was down there. So make sure to hit them up.

Also there was a shop out the back gate of Benning that was built while I was there. I never went there but I always saw a few Jeeps parked outside. The place was called "Twisted Fusion" if I remember correctly.

Last edited by danmojo82; 07-15-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RubyGrl52
PCSing to Fort Benning next week and bringing the new Rubi. If there are any Groups in the area I am looking as well as any recommendations for mechanics or people who are trusted to work on Jeeps (ESP regearing)
Want to go wheelin this weekend? Were going to Choccolocco, pretty fun place. Jayson(Jeepoholic) and I(Ryan) can pretty much help you out with what you need done. As for regearing check out B and B powertrain.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by danmojo82
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sout...-group-171453/

Jayson (jeepoholic) and Ryan (RyanC) are outstanding guys and while I was down there had them do some stuff for me, I'd like to say I helped..... but I suck at mechanic things haha. They also wheel a lot, almost once a month, or at least they did while I was down there. So make sure to hit them up.

Also there was a shop out the back gate of Benning that was built while I was there. I never went there but I always saw a few Jeeps parked outside. The place was called "Twisted Fusion" if I remember correctly.
Hey Mojo, when you coming back to Columbus?
Old 07-15-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm working on that, but I have to pace myself with Army schools now, don't want to piss off my civilian employer with all this time away. So hopefully I'll be down there soon, but as soon as I find out when I'll let you guys know so we can go wheeling!
Old 08-11-2012, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default Mos

Originally Posted by LifeOfABombTech
What's your MOS? I left Benning a little while ago, but my old EOD unit has quite a few Jeepers ...
I am a 70B

Quick Reply: Fort Benning