Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Gustav

Old 08-28-2008, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gustav

Anyone else that could take a direct hit from this one?
Old 08-28-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

I am in Shreveport, LA north la. We won't take a direct hit but last night on the news they said that most of the hotels here are almost totally booked. If anybody IS coming up give me a shout. I will out of town this weekend but will be back Monday night. Can give ya some suggestions on where to eat, etc. Pm me if ya want my cell number.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:45 AM
JK Junkie

GA needs a direct hit... we are almost out of water again... crap
Old 08-28-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

If it comes right up the river well def get it. They say that the right side is the worst bc of tornado spinoffs and what not. so hopefully it will go way left or way right of LA. I want a Tiger Stadium after Gustav.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08JKsahara
If it comes right up the river well def get it. They say that the right side is the worst bc of tornado spinoffs and what not. so hopefully it will go way left or way right of LA. I want a Tiger Stadium after Gustav.

Yes the right side is the worst because of the rotation and it pushes the water. That is the worst spot of the hurricane. During Katrina..the eye went over Slidell, LA/Pearlington, MS. That is why we got that 28 foot storm surge here.

I think at the 1300 CST update, they moved the cone a tad to the east.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

Sucks that it's coming, but at least I finally got to use my roof rack to bring home some sheets of plywood. Maybe now the wife will stop making fun of me for having it on there. Good luck to everyone, I'll be praying we all make it through this okay.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by fredocon
Sucks that it's coming, but at least I finally got to use my roof rack to bring home some sheets of plywood. Maybe now the wife will stop making fun of me for having it on there. Good luck to everyone, I'll be praying we all make it through this okay.
Its a Cat 4 now and picking up strength. Yall are't gonna leave. I am not sure if I would ride it out. I am on call for the FD to be deployed down. I am in Birmingham at the inlaws but once I get back I am sure it will at work. Hope everyone that lives in south LA gets out. If you head up to shreveport or close give me a shout.
Good luck
Old 08-30-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
Its a Cat 4 now and picking up strength. Yall are't gonna leave. I am not sure if I would ride it out. I am on call for the FD to be deployed down. I am in Birmingham at the inlaws but once I get back I am sure it will at work. Hope everyone that lives in south LA gets out. If you head up to shreveport or close give me a shout.
Good luck
I drew the short straw and became essential personnel at one of the hospitals here in New Orleans. The hospital is rated for a Cat 5 but we'll see. Believe me I'd rather be on my way to Nashville with my wife and pets. Oh yeah, Geaux Tigers!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by fredocon
I drew the short straw and became essential personnel at one of the hospitals here in New Orleans. The hospital is rated for a Cat 5 but we'll see. Believe me I'd rather be on my way to Nashville with my wife and pets. Oh yeah, Geaux Tigers!!!
Well I can understand where your coming from. When it's all said and done I might be down there myself w/ the FD. Be carefull
Old 08-30-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
Well I can understand where your coming from. When it's all said and done I might be down there myself w/ the FD. Be carefull
Will do, thanks. I hope you don't get stuck down here, but you do the same if you do.

Quick Reply: Gustav