JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   The South (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/south-49/)
-   -   Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/south-49/huntsville-alabama-tennessee-valley-chat-46853/)

Denny2565 08-12-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Wilky (Post 1805072)
Nice, or....

"The area immediately surrounding the township of Huntsville, AL"

I was thinking about something along the lines of

Welcome to the Kingdom of Denny2565
Bow Before Him and Tremble at His Greatness:bowdown:

JK-Rubi 08-12-2010 06:28 PM

If we delete Huntsville from the title, I'd like to go with either "The Watercress Capital of the World Area Thread" or "Alabama's Leader of Cotton Production Area Thread"!! :thumbsup:

See ---> http://history.msfc.nasa.gov/huntsville/hsv_history.html

JK-Rubi 08-12-2010 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Denny2565 (Post 1805289)
I was thinking about something along the lines of

Welcome to the Kingdom of Denny2565
Bow Before Him and Tremble at His Greatness:bowdown:

Finally, a sensible suggestion. :WootJump:

Actually, I'm ready to start talking about JKs again. :grinnyeyes:

I want to purchase that dual battery setup from Benchmark, but they're behaving worse than Shrockworks now with paid orders backing up and poor communications.

Anyone else been thinking about dual batteries?? :dontknow2:

For choice of battery, I think I'm going with the Die Hard Platinum (Marine version).

JK-Rubi 08-13-2010 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Denny2565 (Post 1805332)
Probably a good choice. I've got the Optima Yellowtop, but people seem to have a love/hate relationship with this battery.

Yup, that's what I keep reading re Optima. On the other hand, the Die Hard Platinum is a re-branded Odyssey and I've read many positive reviews about the latter. :yup:

sixty5vdub 08-13-2010 04:56 AM

?

A thread with nearly 5,700 posts, and over 53,000 views ........... and you want to change the name??? :dontknow2:

I guess I don't see the point. Seems like plenty of people have found their way here. No need to change the name of the thread now ........ IMHO

Anthony

RCAllen 08-13-2010 05:16 AM

[QUOTE=JK-Rubi;1805029]Welcome to the forum and area thread Robin and Henry!!:standing wave:

thanks for the welcome jk-rubi, luckily i had that "flash to pass" option on something else i had so it didnt confuse me much.....

its friday the 13th for me, my compass is stuck on north and my radio\nav is now displayed in spanish :sad2:

reading through the manual now, yicks re-calibrating the compass is a 12 step program...and cant find the language setting...if i understood why this happened i might be more patient....

RCAllen 08-13-2010 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon (Post 1804343)
Welcome to the forum Robin, glad you chimed in. None of us know everything about our Jeeps, but we all know a little, which makes us dangerous.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and hopefully we can get you out on a trail or two so you can learn more about your Jeep.

thanks 08redrecon! im thinking even after a year i know less than a little still.....

yep, ill be around here, still not sure how this forum thing works yet....BEGINNER trail sounds like a plan, i found a forest service road over in the smokies by accident back in the fall and that was the coolest thing ive ever done, henry was still stock then but it was still a good time...thanks man...

08RedRecon 08-13-2010 08:31 AM

Gears

Just ordered 5.13 gears, overhaul kits, and free covers from Bustabizz (4WD rep).
$550 shhipped.

racinfast002 08-13-2010 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Wilky (Post 1805884)
Dang, that's a good price. What manufacturer?

ya....curious minds

MDodson 08-13-2010 09:10 AM

Wheel spacers for 07 JK

Anyone have a set of spacers they would like to sale local?