Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Jeep Trip ideas

Old 02-02-2016, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Trip ideas

I am sure this has been discussed already, but I've been doing so much research I've confused myself (a daily occurrence). I am in Illinois and I am trying to plan a trip to the Chattahoochee forest area. It should be about an 8.5 hour trip. Is this worth the drive? I know my wife will want to do more than 4wheel (the nerve of her) so are there any other activities to do out there, good places to stay, good places to eat? Anyone have a better place to go to? Would love to drive somewhere that has scenic value or old run down buildings (not the ghetto run down type like here in chicago). Thoughts, Ideas, Pics, please post em. Thanks in advance.

Also the jeep is a 2014 unlimited and has a leveling kit, 32x11 duratracs, winch, off road front bumper and lights. I would love not to beat the piss out of it on the rocks, especially since i have to drive 8.5ish hours home
Old 02-10-2016, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to check out the Helen area. I think there are several trails and campsites around there, including Unicoi State Park. The town itself is pretty touristy, German influenced. I'm planning on checking it out once I get my jeep built. I think you can look at some of the trails on the jeepsontrails site.

Quick Reply: Jeep Trip ideas