Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

mygig question

Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mygig question

okay, didnt reall know where to post this but i figured one of my fellow sunshine staters could help me.

my b-day is coming up and i think i know what i want... to upgrade my stock head unit to the mygig. i'm looking at ebay and have found one for $361 plus $33 S&H. is this right?

also, if i do purchase it, what would it take to install it? i'm assuming it plug and play...

idk, i tried searching but it didn't yeild any info pertaining to my question.

any help or guidance is appreciated.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by armdong
okay, didnt reall know where to post this but i figured one of my fellow sunshine staters could help me.

my b-day is coming up and i think i know what i want... to upgrade my stock head unit to the mygig. i'm looking at ebay and have found one for $361 plus $33 S&H. is this right?

also, if i do purchase it, what would it take to install it? i'm assuming it plug and play...

idk, i tried searching but it didn't yeild any info pertaining to my question.

any help or guidance is appreciated.
check this out https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ighlight=mygig

and take a look at this thread, has install pics in it and ALL of the info about the different versions of the mygig https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ighlight=mygig
Old 07-10-2009, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

Mine was a piece of cake to install. Plug and play for sure. I added the lockpik, satellite antenna and microphone. Just pulled out the old one and installed everything in a few minutes. I located the lockpik behind the glovebox and velcro'ed it to the flat spot.

I would definitely suggest getting the theft deterrent cover from Tuffy. Well worth it!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

I would save your money and get something else. I really wanted the mygig unit in 2007 when it first came out but you couldn’t add it as an option at that time.

I just bought a 2009 with the mygig system installed and the interface and graphics for the navigation is really disappointing, my Garmin unit blows it away. I’ve also worked pretty hard at getting music loaded onto the hard drive and the software still doesn’t play any music and I have a degree in Multi Media.

I feel they bought outdated software from manufactures and are charging us a premium price for a product that it pretty shabby.

Just my two cents, I was really expecting more.

-Good luck

Quick Reply: mygig question