Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Shamrock Run @ Morris Mountain

Old 02-01-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shamrock Run @ Morris Mountain

I'm thinking about going up for the Shamrock Run @ Morris Moutain March 19-21st. I'm thinking about camping out the entire weekend but haven't decided yet. I am scheduled to run 6 laps at Talladega (Dale Jarrett Experience) which isn't too far from the park I don't think. Is anyone planning on going? Has anyone ever been?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:45 AM
JK Junkie

morris mountain is a blast... one side of the park is some natural and man made rock obstacles and the other side is steep hill climbs and of camber trails and turns. Some scary steep shit there!

Overall its a blast and you will have a great time.+

bring your patience b/c it will probably be packed out! I usually go when there are no events b/c I personally would not pay to wait in line on a trail.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKX
morris mountain is a blast... one side of the park is some natural and man made rock obstacles and the other side is steep hill climbs and of camber trails and turns. Some scary steep shit there!

Overall its a blast and you will have a great time.+

bring your patience b/c it will probably be packed out! I usually go when there are no events b/c I personally would not pay to wait in line on a trail.
I've heard the events get pretty packed. I have yet to attend one and the wife is out of town so I thought that this might be a good opportunity. Is it an ok park for stock Rubi suspension?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:58 AM
JK Junkie

yes... this is one place that has tons of by passes . Its kinda hard to explain, but basically a big percent of the trails all go to the top of this one hill/mountain. From there you can try probably 8 to 12 different trails. Some are one way only (up or down) and they will be clearly marked. The trails are pretty wide with varying lines of difficulty
Old 02-01-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Morris Mountain is a good time. Here are a few pictures so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
Morris Mountain is a good time. Here are a few pictures so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

Dat's me! x2 on Morris Mountain being a fun place to ride. This was my first trip there. Had a great time wheeling around on the trails there. There is a bit of all level trails for everyone. I did scrape my skid plates in several places, as well as ding up my driver's side step pretty good (they are not the strongest steps in the world). Overall, I would definitely recommend the park .

Anthony

Quick Reply: Shamrock Run @ Morris Mountain