Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Volusia County Florida Offroad trails

Old 08-18-2008, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volusia County Florida Offroad trails

I am in the Daytona Beach area, I know Ocala is there. Also, I have heard there are a couple good spots around JAX. I am in chiropractic school which is a pretty heavy workload now, so I'm cutting back on overnight/camping. I was wondering if any Florida jeepers know some good trails within an hour or so of Volusia. I want to get a good trail ride in an get back the same day. I have th e itch to get her offroad but just dont want to dedicate my whole weekend to it. Thanks
Old 08-18-2008, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go down 415 theres a road by lake ashby. After a good rain you can get some pretty good mudding done (TS Fay will definitely make it interesting).

Directions:

Go down 415 until you pass SR 44.
Keep going, you will pass a landfill and a small bridge down the road... I don't know the exact distance but its a 5-10 drive from 44 to bridge.
Immediately after the bridge there is a road on you left. go left. The road will look like any Samsula road (old road, old houses with good size amounts of land)
The road will make a bank left, follow it (the bank is like NASCAR speedway banks)
Take your first right.
Follow that road until it turns to dirt.
Have fun offroading.

The dirt road will fill with good size puddles... then there is one about one-third to halfway through the will be massize... Like the size of a small apartment... It gets deep... pretty quickly too. I went in a rainstorm and I was up to at least my turn signals... but I'm a stocker. I'll try and post exact directions as soon as I can find them.

Edit: BTW you should join the Sunshine State meeting section on this forum... If you haven't already. We'll be glad to have you.

Here's the specific directions
take 415 South until you reach Lake Ashby Road.
Follow that road until you reach Boy Scout Camp Road
Follow that road and it will turn to a dirt road.
Have fun.

Or you can take I-95 to SR 44... Head west till you hit 415 and then head South and follow the rest of the directions... it might make your commute a little shorter.

Last edited by 4x4jkx; 08-18-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

PM sent.

Scottsmoor is one of the more popular areas for some sustained riding.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Not too much in the Volusia area Ocala is good little bit of a drive as is scottsmoor. Last time at scottsmoor lots of mud and water Being more stock I had some trouble getting around the real bad stuff and needed help, Ocala was more Friendly as far as trails are concerned, I found out the hard way that there’s a lot of private property here with unfriendly owners.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

where in scottsmoor? are there any public trails or am i getting shot at? hehe
Old 08-19-2008, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check your PM's. I sent you a couple Google images.

Quick Reply: Volusia County Florida Offroad trails