Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Who has been to Beasley Knob?

Old 11-27-2009, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has been to Beasley Knob?

What are your thoughts on these trails? difficulty? paint removing? length? worth camping out? Any info would be great.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

I haven't been....yet....but I heard that it isn't crazy but it's not easy. I'm trying to get out to Beasley or Blackacre, or possibly Morris Mtn for the day sometime mid Dec.

BTW How did the lift install go?
Old 11-27-2009, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by garrett490
What are your thoughts on these trails? difficulty? paint removing? length? worth camping out? Any info would be great.
Scratches and dents are likely with a 4-Door. The trails are tight. Some of them are long and steep. If you're locked, you should be able to drive all over the place and have a blast. Just don't go alone or if it is raining.

YouTube has tons of videos.

Not too sure about Camping out there.

Last edited by JoeBlob; 11-27-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dstack701
BTW How did the lift install go?
It took 9 hours but was very fun and turned out perfect. Tires will be on december 2nd. I will post up some pics.

Oh yea and Im prolly going to blackacre next friday the 4th. I'm gonna start a thread.

Last edited by garrett490; 11-27-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:24 AM
JK Junkie

the basics of beasley:

yes camping available, straight gravel from the northern entrance to camp site, but southern entrance requires riding some trails to get to the camp site.

on a scale of 1-10 for difficulty, rain adds 16 points

very steep and long hill climbs but easy if dry... may bottom out on washouts controls

overall a good time, but I could not imagine running more than one day up there. Perhaps coming up late on afternoon, camping and then riding the next day. They have about 9 miles of trails which can easily be cmopleted (at a slow pace) with in a few hours with a small group
Old 11-30-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've not been, but heard a similar message on this forum and another one"

Absolutely forget it if it has rained the day before. Stay home, watch football, rearrange the sock drawer etc unless you've got some serious mods. I think they will even close the trails if the owners deem it to wet.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Beasley Knob

Originally Posted by AU94
I've not been, but heard a similar message on this forum and another one"

Absolutely forget it if it has rained the day before. Stay home, watch football, rearrange the sock drawer etc unless you've got some serious mods. I think they will even close the trails if the owners deem it to wet.
It's actually managed/controlled by the US Forestry Service - here's a link to their site. Don't trust the Status here - the one time I did go up there, the status said OPEN but the trail was closed. They generally close it if it's wet, and I think they close it for much of the Winter. I'd love to give it a shot some time.

http://fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinte...20OHV%20Trails
Old 12-01-2009, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default close

Not sure of the dates but I think they are closed from 12/1 = 3/1.

I have lockers and the trail was dry no big deal done in three hours. Alot of dust and the branches will give you some big scratches. More of a sunday drive for stock jeeps. Or if you have never been good place to learn.

Quick Reply: Who has been to Beasley Knob?