Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

$150 front bumper clearance!

Old 05-13-2011, 01:28 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the 2010 bumper changed from the factory. Go ahead and drill the to holes and use all four rear bolts.

Originally Posted by lastone
Got mine on Thursday and got it on right away. Just one complaint and one question. The complaint is that the instruction aren't the best. Until I started taking out bolts I had no idea on how to take the bumper off. But maybe that's me. The instructions I did have were very helpful. There was also zero instructions for the fog lights, they weren't hard to figure out and buy the required bolts to have the fog lights on the brackets.

The way I lined up the bumper I got the 8 long bolts to line up, but for the 2010 jk there isn't 4 holes for the short bolts to go into, only 2 and they are the inside 2. Should I go ahead and drill 2 more holes or should the 8 long bolts be enough to hold up to any kind of pulling?
Old 05-15-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P.M. also sent Thanx
Old 05-15-2011, 10:58 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

PM's returned.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brett,

I'm really loving this bumper! It have me the excuse to buy a winch and some more lights! Ha Ha. Seriously, it's a sweet bumper and should satisfy all my needs.

One question, though. Can you recommend a front skid plate? All the ones I see out there either attach to the OEM bumper or "their" manufactured bumpers.

Do you know of one that works with your bumper?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:49 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

I do not know of a skid that will work. I don't know many people that wheel as hard as I and I've never needed a skid there. I have flipped the e-disco motor though.

Originally Posted by 2ndchance
Brett,

I'm really loving this bumper! It have me the excuse to buy a winch and some more lights! Ha Ha. Seriously, it's a sweet bumper and should satisfy all my needs.

One question, though. Can you recommend a front skid plate? All the ones I see out there either attach to the OEM bumper or "their" manufactured bumpers.

Do you know of one that works with your bumper?

Quick Reply: $150 front bumper clearance!