Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

View Poll Results: Would you like a 1.5" Dual Sport System
Yes - We Want It!
89.47%
No - What is the Point?
10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

1.5" Dual Sport System - Who Would Like to See It?

Old 03-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 1.5" Dual Sport System - Who Would Like to See It?

Guys

We are looking for some opinions on this one. We are looking at offering a 1.5" Dual Sport System that provides minimal lift up front with a nicely tuned progressive rate front coil, high clearance lower control arms front and rear, and front disco's for a nice price point. We feel this will be perfect for dual sport adventure types wanting to run 33's with stock fenders and 35's with flattie style fenders. We want to offer something that has caster correction for improved handling, rear pinion correction for aftermarket drivelines and off-road features similar to our very successful 2.5" Max. Travel System. Let us know your thoughts?

Rock Krawler
Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be interested in this lift if the price is right.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill be a guinea pig! How would the travel be, I know its only 1.5 but it would have some right?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Not any different than a leveling kit. Contol arms on 1.5" seems way "unneeded". Why not just the coils and disco's? My current leveling kit is 2" in the front and 1" in the rear, thus a 1.5"lift!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blue project
Not any different than a leveling kit. Contol arms on 1.5" seems way "unneeded". Why not just the coils and disco's? My current leveling kit is 2" in the front and 1" in the rear, thus a 1.5"lift!
Good point! Thanks
Old 03-06-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

I already have a 2.5 max travel but my opinion is axe the rear arms to make the price better. Most people getting this lift would not be using aftermarket rear drivetrain and they can always add them if they need them.

I know caster correction isn't needed at this lift but I think it would be nice to have it and then when these people are ready to step up to 35's then it is just a new set of springs and rear control arms.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

This seems to be marketed to folks with Sport model JKs that want something that they can upgrade further down the road. Am I right?
Old 05-16-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Guys

We are looking for some opinions on this one. We are looking at offering a 1.5" Dual Sport System that provides minimal lift up front with a nicely tuned progressive rate front coil, high clearance lower control arms front and rear, and front disco's for a nice price point. We feel this will be perfect for dual sport adventure types wanting to run 33's with stock fenders and 35's with flattie style fenders. We want to offer something that has caster correction for improved handling, rear pinion correction for aftermarket drivelines and off-road features similar to our very successful 2.5" Max. Travel System. Let us know your thoughts?

Rock Krawler

Very Inerested! Need my Address?? LOL
Old 05-16-2013, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Since new springs are usually taller than advertised is there going to be anything to level out the back of the Jeep? I wouldn't like this kit if it made my Jeep look like it was dragging its ass around
Old 05-16-2013, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is awesome!!! I live in PA and a lot if my friends and I would love to see a kit like this!! We want a lil boost in height but 2.5" coils are more than we want. I know it's not for everyone but we don't all live near Moab and need massive lifts. I hope you guys do this. I would agree that this kit should be upgradable so if you wanted to step up in coils and other parts you could. This really is a great idea, you can target the 1.75" market but instead of spacers you can get coils. The only thing will be the price if you guys can get close to some of the spacer kits I know people will buy it look how many people swap out 2dr coils for 4dr for this reason. Myself I'd rather see a package with front and rear coils not just front. I just don't think you need control arms at this height and most would skip them. Or offer one with shocks and one with arms or have an available upgrade to get the arms. Love this idea though!!!!!!!

Last edited by OJK12; 05-16-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Quick Reply: 1.5" Dual Sport System - Who Would Like to See It?