Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels

Old 03-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by trmason
I'll be placing an order for 5 MB72's and tires next week... I really want 35" KM2's but am worried I'll miss a lot of spring wheeling by having to wait for them. Do you have any idea when DTD will have some? And, are they all spoken for when they come in? I would hate to have to go with 33's just because of the wait...

Thanks
I called BFG this morning and was told the 35x12.50R15 KM2 has a ETA of 6-8 weeks.

If you placed your order soon we shouldn't have any issues filling your order when they are available. We don't have too many orders waiting yet.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct
I called BFG this morning and was told the 35x12.50R15 KM2 has a ETA of 6-8 weeks.

If you placed your order soon we shouldn't have any issues filling your order when they are available. We don't have too many orders waiting yet.

That's great news, thanks! I should have the money to place the order by next Wednesday.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

That's great news, thanks! I should have the money to place the order by next Wednesday.
No problem, we aren't going anywhere. Give us a ring when your ready. Anyone here would be happy to help you.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem, we aren't going anywhere. Give us a ring when your ready. Anyone here would be happy to help you.
Do you know of anyone running the Dunlop Radial Mud Rover on their JK? I see these are in stock and at a decent price - I'm seriously considering them but I don't want to get them and wish I had gone with something else. Can you give some feedback on them?

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:46 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Do you know of anyone running the Dunlop Radial Mud Rover on their JK? I see these are in stock and at a decent price - I'm seriously considering them but I don't want to get them and wish I had gone with something else. Can you give some feedback on them?

Thanks!
I haven't seen any reviews from JK owners regarding this tire but the overall performance of the Mud Rover is good. The only complaint I really see regarding this tire is road noise but that's to be expected with this style M/T. The lugs are spaced pretty far apart for better clearing and off-road performance.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a surprise call from TC today rims and tires shipped, only took one week instead of the 45 days I was told .......
Old 03-24-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got off the line with BFG and the 35x12.50-15 A/T KO is still on back order with no projected ETA.
Went through all the pages of this thread, and didn't see a single setup with these BFG's, seems everyone gets the MT'S. Any reason for this? The AT's are C load, and weigh a lot less than the MT's, seems like it would be a good setup.

Last edited by Fiveofun; 03-24-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by nicojames
Got a surprise call from TC today rims and tires shipped, only took one week instead of the 45 days I was told .......
Gotta love that! Thank you for your support. I'm happy to hear we were able to ship your order sooner than expected.

Originally Posted by Fiveofun
Went through all the pages of this thread, and didn't see a single setup with these BFG's, seems everyone gets the MT'S. Any reason for this? The AT's are C load, and weigh a lot less than the MT's, seems like it would be a good setup.
Personal preference would be my guess. The AT KO would be a great all terrain tire choice in this size.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta love that! Thank you for your support. I'm happy to hear we were able to ship your order sooner than expected.
Does this mean that there will be some 15x8 MB72s in stock now if we placed an order this week? Or did he just get lucky?
Old 03-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by 08HokieJK
Does this mean that there will be some 15x8 MB72s in stock now if we placed an order this week? Or did he just get lucky?
We had one lone set come in from the manufacturer. Somehow one set snuck onto their most recent container shipment. We won't be receiving anymore until mid next month but we are going to have plenty

Quick Reply: 15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels