Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

2007-18 Jeep JK Wrangler rear shock and control arm skids

Old 08-28-2019, 05:57 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking 2007-18 Jeep JK Wrangler rear shock and control arm skids

If you have a Jeep JK/U Wrangler you know how low the rear shock and control arm mounts hang, but now with Rancho's NEW JK Rear Shock and Control Arm Skids that are designed to protect your Jeep JK rear control arms and shock absorbers from rocks and other obstacles. Made from 1/4-in. high-strength, low-alloy steel, these skids will glide over obstacles and keep you moving down the trail. The Rancho Rear Shock and Control Arm Skids bolt-on using the shock and supplied control arm bolts, and are powder coated in a durable Rancho Red. Driver and passenger side skids included.
Mounts to rear lower control arm and shock bolt
Constructed of durable 1/4-in. HSLA steel and powder coated Rancho Red.
Check with your favorite retailer on cost.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

This appears to be a very nice product, and there is sure a market for it IMO! I have EVO RockStars on my rear axle. I will say the one thing the RockStars provide that your model doesn't is additional clearance as they move the lower shock mount higher. THAT SAID, they are also more entailed to install, require you to really know what shock length you need, and make it much harder to get that dang lower control arm up in to the mount! I can't tell you how many times I've removed my rear control arms, only to get the stupid upper arm in place first before realizing I had to do the lower one first due to the RS skid. Your skid looks much more user friendly and like a good option for many weekend wheelers that are tired of 1) bending their lower control arm brackets, and 2) dragging their lower shock mounts over the rocks. Nice job Rancho.
The following users liked this post:
Rancho (08-28-2019)

Quick Reply: 2007-18 Jeep JK Wrangler rear shock and control arm skids