Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

3 new systems for the 2012 JK. "Rock crawler" and Evolution Competition systems!

Old 07-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by racin444
I'm highly interested in the Evolution Competition System but I have a few questions about it.
First is, why is it for Off-Road use only?
Second, do you know if that would void the powertrain warranty?
Third, is this a strictly bolt on kit or does this require welding?
We label it for "off road use only" for one main reason is that we can't do exhaust/emissions test in every market. I suggest keep the stock around, if you need to reinstall.
It shouldn't void your powertrain warranty, just your exhaust.
And strictly bolt on, some people will weld it but most use the enclosed clamps, tighten them down "good and tight".
Old 08-04-2012, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigchelis
Since I have a 2012 Jeep Sport S in 2 Door style. I will post the question here in case others are interested.

My Jeep appears to have 2 mufflers.
1. the front is the resonator
2. the rear is the muffler
3. will deletting one of them from the system make them not CARB Legal?

So, you replace the one on the side beneath the drivers seat with the Dynamax 16in Oval one and cut after the axle and just disregard and delete the rear muffler beneath the tailgate altogether?

I have the same question as bigchelis. Doesn't seem like he ever got a response. TTT
Old 08-06-2012, 06:07 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by renzo1200
I have the same question as bigchelis. Doesn't seem like he ever got a response. TTT
Sorry about that, he ended up PMing as well and I answered him there.

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF
Also it dumps pre-axle and therefore is prohibited in some states as the exhaust is not routed beyond the passenger compartment. It is purely the end users choice to run this style exhaust.

For what its worth, I have it (or a similar rendition) and have absolutely zero issues with exhaust in the cabin. I believe many people with EVOLever have it as well and I have never once heard a complaint.
Thanks for the answer (as usual).
Old 08-10-2012, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

who are vendors to buy from. all your listed dealers in my area act like they never heard of dynomax. looking for the competition system for a '12 jku
Old 08-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by medbender
who are vendors to buy from. all your listed dealers in my area act like they never heard of dynomax. looking for the competition system for a '12 jku
Just about all the vendors on here will carry it or have access to it.
To name a few ( in no particular order)

Off Road Evolution
Quadratec
Jeep Add On's
Morris 4x4
4WD
Old 08-12-2012, 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF

Deleting resonating and/or mufflers does absolutely nothing to emissions control, only sound quality and/or tailpipe noise.
Thanks buddy!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:42 PM
JK Newbie

Do these new systems work with the 2012 2 door jk? I've been looking for an "off road" exhaust like this one but has been difficult to find. Thanks
Old 08-13-2012, 06:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Cccjk2012
Do these new systems work with the 2012 2 door jk? I've been looking for an "off road" exhaust like this one but has been difficult to find. Thanks
For a 2012 2 door look to P/N 39524.
This will relocate the muffler in front of the rear axle (no need to relocate the EVAP) and exit in the rear.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dynomax

For a 2012 2 door look to P/N 39524.
This will relocate the muffler in front of the rear axle (no need to relocate the EVAP) and exit in the rear.
Great thanks..hopefully you guys do a rebate again soon and I'll get mine ordered
Old 08-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Cccjk2012
Great thanks..hopefully you guys do a rebate again soon and I'll get mine ordered
Look to the various vendors on this board, they often have deals that are as good as the rebate.

Quick Reply: 3 new systems for the 2012 JK. "Rock crawler" and Evolution Competition systems!