Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

3M adhesive (Hothead Headliners)

Old 03-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3M adhesive (Hothead Headliners)

I just read a thread on this forum about a guys rear headliner panel falling down after 12 hour of being installed. This is the first I have heard about any of the rear headliner panels coming down that are attached with the 3M adhesive. This adhesive preformed great in our tests. We used 3X the weight to sq. inch of adhesive ratio that the headliner panels are and heated the hard top to 250-300 F for days on end. The sections of panels never fell even when we shook them violently. We are also using 8 to 10 times the amount of adhesive that was recommended by the reps at 3M. I wrote all that because I want everyone to know that we honestly believed that the 3M adhesive would not fail.
That being said, we will stand behind our headliners. If anyone is having this or any other problem please call or write and we will take care of the issue to your satisfaction.
714-872-2071
hotheadheadliners@gmail.com

Mark Ambrose
Old 03-25-2011, 02:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the full set for over a year now, I love them. The back panel came loose a couple times at the velcro connection, but I just pushed it back up and it was no big deal. Makes a big difference with the heat and cold. Used to feel like I was under a broiler oven before I had the headliners. No compliants, definitely will buy them again for my next Jeep.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

My front 2 are great, however, the middle and back panels fall off all the time especially when going over bumps. It is not the adhesive that gives me problems, its the velcrow(sp) connection that gives way. Im now looking for some way to secure them as when the back falls it obstruct the rear view.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Velcro

We have had issues with the Velcro connection (the hook & loop) letting go in the past. We have remedied that issue by putting 30% more Velcro on the middle & back panels. So, if you are experiencing this issue just send us a email with your address and we will send you additional Velcro to put on your panels.
Send emails to: hotheadheadliners@gmail.com

Thanks,

Mark

Originally Posted by bostonMA
My front 2 are great, however, the middle and back panels fall off all the time especially when going over bumps. It is not the adhesive that gives me problems, its the velcrow(sp) connection that gives way. Im now looking for some way to secure them as when the back falls it obstruct the rear view.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

No issues with mine and I KNOW that the adhesive didn't get to cure at the right temp yet (I had to install them in a pretty cold garage at the start of the winter).

I like them because they made my jeep quieter and warmer in the winter.

Great product.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

Mine was one of those weird ones that kept falling down. I emailed Mark and he took care of everything. I wish all products had that kind of customer service. It is a great product and it really does make a difference. Thanks Mark.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine also had the velcro connection problem but they sent me out additional velcro right away. That's great customer service.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I sent Mark an e-mail, thanks

Quick Reply: 3M adhesive (Hothead Headliners)