Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

AEV Ram air snorkel now available

Old 12-12-2008, 06:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If one already has the prefilter, is there any advantages to getting the ram air? Are there times I should be switching from one to the other?
Old 12-12-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anybody know if this snorkel will work wit the xenon flat flares? Im interested in it, but have the xenons
Old 12-12-2008, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

It works fine with xenon flat top narrow flares. I just installed my aev snorkel with my aev hood and xenon flares
Old 12-12-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Junkie

thanks form a local guy. the snorkel is now on my list

where on LI you from??
Old 01-01-2009, 09:57 PM
JK Newbie

Default RAM or FILTER

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4

Being from Florida and all the swamps we go through on our trails a snorkle is on the top of my list before the next rainy season. Aside from looks, can anyone tell me if there is any difference in performance if I buy the RAM or Filter?
Old 01-02-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RickM610
Being from Florida and all the swamps we go through on our trails a snorkle is on the top of my list before the next rainy season. Aside from looks, can anyone tell me if there is any difference in performance if I buy the RAM or Filter?
The ram would allow more air flow, it is more direct than just the filter style. Looks better too
Old 01-02-2009, 08:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RickM610
The AEV Air Ram is really just a way to keep large pcs of debris and water (rain and splashing) out of the standard air box. The prefilter does what the ram does but is also very effective at spinning the dust out of the air prior to hitting the main filter. The prefilter should be used in deserts and dusty (like anytime you're not the trip leader ) areas even if there is not water around for 100 miles.

Some people hate the way the prefilter looks and probably don't need the benefits of the pre-filter, so the Air Ram will satisfy those customers.

Quick Reply: AEV Ram air snorkel now available