Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Alpha Expedition: ARB Fridge/Freezer

Old 07-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lo2aY
PM sent for the Bag
PMed back to cha.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Thx for the emails.

Have I missed anybody?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by R8R ROK
David,

What are the dimensions of the fridge??
Dimensions: H20” x W27.76"” x D14.96"”
Old 08-10-2009, 09:57 AM
JK Junkie

Just ordered me one and a Transit Bag....

Thanks David!
Old 08-21-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Just got back from a 4 day trip to Hole in the Rock Trail. This thing performed better then I expected! I have the back of the JK PACKED! There was very little air flow for the fridge (There was some but not much at all) and in 90 plus degree temps it kept a nice 32 degrees.
I was very skeptical when I pulled the trigger, but I think already it was worth it.

Looking forward to many more trips with it
Old 08-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by Gokracer1
I was very skeptical when I pulled the trigger, but I think already it was worth it.

Looking forward to many more trips with it
Sounds like the commercial for that ExtendZe
Old 09-17-2009, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

How's the heat displacement of the unit. Can you pack stuff all around it? I would think it has to displace heat and have space to breath. The picture on page one looks pretty packed in.

Last edited by AZOverland; 09-17-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by GeoFishnJK
How's the heat displacement of the unit. Can you pack stuff all around it? I would think it has to displace heat and have space to breath. The picture on page one looks pretty packed in.
When I ran Hole in the Rock Trail it was in the mid 90s a few weeks ago. And the fridge I could really say was PACKED in there. I actually had a fleece blanket that was almost blocking the exhaust side (Heat) of the fridge. That did slow air flow way down. I am sure that wasn't too good for the unit being it had to work a little harder, but it did good keeping the temp (34 degrees).

I can say that under high heat conditions like that and being packed so tight the fridge was putting out some heat. That blanket was defiantly warm. But I have the fridge on the left side like David does. The exhaust is to the left also, so there is not much to pack in that area anyway. Both intake and exhaust sides have opens on the back on side, so it is like a corner draw set up. That was well designed because if the sides are packed it can intake and exhaust air to the back of the unit. I just ran last week a Utah Traverse Trip for 7 days and the fridge was AWESOME again. I even slept next to it for a few night and it never woke me up. It is VERY quiet IMO, when its packed in I can never hear it, even when I am stopped.

Go for it! It was a BIG price tag but I have not had ANY regrets at all.

Last edited by Gokracer1; 09-17-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GeoFishnJK
Manual says 25mm (about 1 inch) air gap is recommended. I think this is only really important around the vent area. I had the same concerns as you initially, but like Gokracer, I've had mine packed in pretty tight and never had a problem maintaining the temp or running excessively.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

Just bought one and bag from David. Thanks Buddy. Looking forward to cold beer after second day on the trail. And and no more Ice!

Quick Reply: Alpha Expedition: ARB Fridge/Freezer