Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Alpha Expedition: Gobi Roof Rack.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

real nice rack but i think i need something a little cheaper...just to hold the fishing poles and occasional extra cargo. best looking rack around though
Old 05-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by btb01
is this price a limited time deal?
Price no. Ladder yes. whenever the mfg decide to pull the special out. But generally they are pretty generous about it

Originally Posted by Z-Man
I am torn between this rack and the kargo master one,... How ever does this one allow for the use of a Yakima or Thule kayak racks? I will be needing to transport 2 Kayaks. 14' and 15.5'/

Appreciate any help you can offer...

I will get back to you on that since I can't remember the exact words was told to me.

Originally Posted by MikeReo
real nice rack but i think i need something a little cheaper...just to hold the fishing poles and occasional extra cargo. best looking rack around though
Like I have said before. These racks are not cheap but you are sure paying for the great quality and well engineered product.

It took me awhile to decide which rack I wanted. And after months of flipping LOts of coins, I have decided on this one for many reasons. Plus I figure if I am gonna get something I get the best so no regret later. Plus no drilling to the vehicle for some people who hate making holes on their rig this would be great option as well ( not that I really care if I have to drill anything).
Old 05-25-2009, 04:56 PM
JK Junkie

I had a Gobi on my last vehicle and they are the BEST racks out there.... You cant beat them.....
Old 05-25-2009, 05:01 PM
JK Junkie

Ya I have been looking into racks and I think this one is it! They are very nice
Old 05-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by SGT.
I had a Gobi on my last vehicle and they are the BEST racks out there.... You cant beat them.....
Then... whats wrong with not having it on your JK now!?

Originally Posted by Gokracer1
Ya I have been looking into racks and I think this one is it! They are very nice
Let me find your CC real quick..... ah here is!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MBATF
Then... whats wrong with not having it on your JK now!?

My last one wasnt convertible/topless, so the wife is against it on the Jeep, she wants the top down all the time, no rack to obstruct her view. thats teh only negative on the rack, going topless....

I want it for a roof top tent at least. also had my hilift and gas on the rack last time, easy mounting on the rack. they work great.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

My last one wasnt convertible/topless, so the wife is against it on the Jeep, she wants the top down all the time, no rack to obstruct her view. thats teh only negative on the rack, going topless....

I want it for a roof top tent at least. also had my hilift and gas on the rack last time, easy mounting on the rack. they work great.

Well SGT. the front rack is open so there isn't much to block here view
Old 05-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

actually... if you look hard enough the sun roof section is wide open for sky view!!! and there is a optional removable sun roof panel for extra storage.

Now what...
Old 05-25-2009, 08:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Sorry dialup folks... (are there still dialup folks?) I just snapped a ton of pics of my rig and rack today, here are a few of the highlights and Gobi-specific ones:

Old 05-25-2009, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

mmccurdy,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was leaning 80% towards this rack and probably would have still gotten it, but could never find anyone with closeup pics on the JK. Thank you for posting the closeups. The pictures looked so good, at first I thought they were the manufactures advertising pics.

Thanks again

Quick Reply: Alpha Expedition: Gobi Roof Rack.