JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/)
-   -   Alpha Expedition: Gobi Roof Rack. (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/alpha-expedition-gobi-roof-rack-82379/)

ratcals 06-16-2010 08:52 AM

The freight company just called and my rack will be delivered Friday. Just in time to install it this weekend. I can't wait. Just for the record- three days short of being four weeks to the day from ordering.

MBATF 06-16-2010 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by ratcals (Post 1733237)
The freight company just called and my rack will be delivered Friday. Just in time to install it this weekend. I can't wait. Just for the record- three days short of being four weeks to the day from ordering.

Congrats!!!!

Just for the record- three days short of being four weeks to the day from ordering.

:rotflmao2::rotflmao2::rotflmao2::rotflmao2:

mmjp 06-16-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by ktrout (Post 1714780)
Darn McCurdy....You are helpful:beer::beer: I actually tried that too. Took off the rear and side windows and released the rear sides. It is still stuck.:naw: I called Gobi and was to get a return call but nothing yet.:thinking: I am feeling this is a design flaw for the 2010 top. When I purchased this I asked David if there might be any problems with the 2010? "no...no problem". Maybe I am the first with a 2010 soft top. And David....Where are you? No return call from Gobi and no return call from David.:sad2: Well as long as it keeps raining I can be patient but I think there's somethings wrong in Denmark.:synister:

Thanks again McCurdy:yup:

I ran into the same problem with my 2010 Rubi 4dr. So I put the hard-top back on and finished the install. Then David called me with the solution -- or so we thought -- but I haven't had time to put the soft top back on again. There are two clamps at the B pillar on the new soft top, but I'm not sure if you can get to them when the top is closed, or if you can, whether the middle will bow up like the old style soft top.

I have to say, though, the new cable-tightened soft top is a big improvement over the old style, if it wasn't for this gotcha with the Gobi rack. Hopefully, there will be a solution soon.

MBATF 06-16-2010 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by mmjp (Post 1733875)
I ran into the same problem with my 2010 Rubi 4dr. So I put the hard-top back on and finished the install. Then David called me with the solution -- or so we thought -- but I haven't had time to put the soft top back on again. There are two clamps at the B pillar on the new soft top, but I'm not sure if you can get to them when the top is closed, or if you can, whether the middle will bow up like the old style soft top.

I have to say, though, the new cable-tightened soft top is a big improvement over the old style, if it wasn't for this gotcha with the Gobi rack. Hopefully, there will be a solution soon.

I can't really match up screen name with real names :bleh: But please give me a email at dtung@alphaexpedition.com

ktrout 06-16-2010 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by mmjp (Post 1733875)

Trying to release the top at the clamps did not work for me either.:sad2: I could never lift that section up without raiseing the front part of the top which still got bound on the light bar. I thought that sounded like "the solution" but no such luck.:naw: The cable will not allow the angle you would need. Only solution now is to release screws on light bar and slowly manuver top past light bar and retighten screws. I know I am lucky though because it's still wet in Portland but it looks like weather may turn next week.:clap: Hopeing the final solution arives soon.:synister:

Cedo Nulli 06-19-2010 02:54 PM

Smmmmooootthhhhh bolt up with the AEV snorkel today. Fits great with the Gobi and works with KC windshield brackets also.

svalvasori 06-21-2010 05:45 AM

So is the new light bar available for order now? Does anyone have a picture of it? I'm 95% ready to order one of these but now I'm concerned since I have a 2010.

David, Can we order these now? Also, would they be available within the normal 4 week timeframe? I need a canoe roof top solution before July 26.

ratcals 06-21-2010 06:34 AM

Well my rack showed up Friday. I know it's been said already, but if anyone is having ANY reservation about buying this you need not worry. It's a truely awesome rack. I got mine with all the bells and whistles- wind deflector, sunroof insert, quick disconnects and ladder. The fit was perfect, even the packaging was just about the best I've ever seen. Enjoy:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/atta...chmentid=73680

MBATF 06-21-2010 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by svalvasori (Post 1738305)
So is the new light bar available for order now? Does anyone have a picture of it? I'm 95% ready to order one of these but now I'm concerned since I have a 2010.

David, Can we order these now? Also, would they be available within the normal 4 week timeframe? I need a canoe roof top solution before July 26.

Yes you can place the order now.

I am still waiting for the blank picture of the recon Ranger/ Stealth light bars.

The recon light bar looks just like the TJ one. The cross bar that towards the windshield actually stick out a bit more than the regular light bar. And that is the only differences.
http://alphaexpedition.com/index.php...mages.tpl.html

I notice you are in Canada, and I can't really match up SN to real name, Just wanted to make sure you have gotten shipping quote to Canada from me already. If not, please email me your shipping address to dtung@alphaexpedition.com

MBATF 06-21-2010 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by ratcals (Post 1738353)
Well my rack showed up Friday. I know it's been said already, but if anyone is having ANY reservation about buying this then don't. It's a truely awesome rack. I got mine with all the bells and whistles- wind deflector, sunroof insert, quick disconnects and ladder. The fit was perfect, even the packaging was just about the best I've ever seen. Enjoy:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/atta...chmentid=73680

Looking good!!!:thumbsup: